~11. home~

The day Cate picked me up, I couldn't do much but sleep. That night I woke up several times in the hospital. I knew Cate couldn't be with me, but I desperately needed her by my side. How did I even fall asleep, all the time, knowing Cate is out there? Crazy. Her presence was addictive.

After weeks, in which I wasn't allowed to have sex or do sport or go for long walks, Mark just told me, after he finished the last check up, that everything healed perfectly fine and I was allowed to slowly start doing sports and having sex again.

Cate and I exchange a quick smirk and she squeezed my hand, as she sat next to me in her chair.

Mark seemed a little... off guard, despite the fact, that he was always very nice and joyful, when I had check ups the last four weeks.

"Are you okay?" His head shot up, like I just threw him out of his thoughts.

"Yes, sure." Mark smiled, but I knew that smile.

He was faking it. Poorly.

Did I not owe him to help out?

Mark saved my life, after all and he grew to me. He cracked jokes when I needed it and I liked the way he usually was so positive, it was good for me. I was kinda frustrated about the "sex ban" and listening to jokes he made to lift my mood a wee bit, helped. These comments usually were totally not funny, but that made it good. It really did.

I tilted my head and frowned at Mark's sight.

"My boyfriend decided I wasn't worthy of his time and decided to call it quits three days ago."

Oh my... without thinking about it twice, I got up from my chair and hugged the man.

"You'll be alright, I know it hurts." I whispered into his chest, since I was not that tall.

A few tears fall onto my shoulder, as Mark hugged me tightly, a little too tight.

He was a big man, lots of muscles, intimidating I guess, but he was such a softie.

I pushed a bit against his chest to show him, I was not able to breathe and he quickly released my body out of his embrace.

The man apologized muffled and sniffed.

"It's okay. You will be okay, just take your time... and if you are ready to meet someone again, you should take a visit to the Muddy cup. It's a beautiful coffee shop and a pretty man, called Finn, is still single as far as I am concerned." I smirked and he nodded gently.

Right, I missed out some parts. Because I was frustrated, due to the whole I can't move the way I want and Cate's weird acting thing, I drove to the coffee shop once more and Finn was there and he was, just as the last time, incredibly happy to see me.

Same as the last time, I let him surprise me with something and as the last time I was not disappointed. He got me a pink doughnut. And not only the topping was pink, but als the dough and even a wee bit of the strawberry jelly as a small surprise was inside and I just loved it. I could've bathed in it. My whole order was pink.

Finn sat down with me, cause we were basically alone in the coffee shop. The both of us talked about what the past weeks brought us and he told me that he is finally ready to search for the love of his life. Not my words. Though I thought it was a beautiful idea.

"I'll think about it." Mark told me, with a small smile.

I picked my phone up and texted Finn and told him, that I may have found the love of his life.

Cate and I said our goodbyes and walked hand in hand outside the hospital, as we saw no paparazzi or anything.

Those people made me so uncomfortable, I'm not even sure I was able to remember a time, they weren't there. From toddler-age on I had flashlights hitting my sight.