~17. Movies and cuddles.

tw: smut, stalking?

A loud bang reeked through the air as Cate closed the door. A deep sigh welled over my lips and with an instant, I tensed as my overthinking took over.

Things seemed to have settled down between us. The waters were clear. Yet... who knew? Were we truly okay? Was she mad? How could she be so very down to earth when Herold knew about us? Her behavior these past weeks was off and I was unsure whether it had anything to do with Herold knowing the truth, or something else entirely...

Steps approached me from behind. The blonde woman wrapped her arms around my neck and her scent invaded all my senses. I closed my eyes and leaned into her feeling her palms sliding down my chest.

In a whispering and small voice she spoke, "I am so very sorry, my love..." Cate paused for a second her fingers drawing mindless patterns on my chest. "All those things I have said... it was not okay and I am aware, it is no excuse to say I was stressed out, because it was simply not alright to treat you the way I did."

"It's okay. Everyone snaps sometimes and stress is not very helpful either... but why have you been stressed, Cate?" I questioned and kiss her arm softly. Obviously, I hit a sensitive nerve due to her sudden silence. I knew there was something else. "I noticed the difference in your behaviour, the past weeks..." I explained and turned my head and body enough around in her arms so I was able to gaze into her face.

"I was afraid that what happen today would happen." Cate finally confessed and I cupped her left cheek with one of my hands. "That I'd take my stress out on you."

"Why didn't you talk to me?" My brows knitted.

"Oh darling.. I don't want to bother you with my struggles." The blonde told me and glared at me with those piercing blue eyes.

"Your problems are mine too, my love."

"My little dove." Cate smiled and placed a kiss onto my forehead, her lips leaving a heat on my skin.

With two claps of my palm connecting with the fabric of the couch, I signaled her to take a seat next to me. The need to repeat my motions vanished once she seated herself right next to me. In her warm, comforting embrace I immediately smile again. I was hers.

All my worries were gone right in the moment, in Cate's arms. Like the first time in the shower, her touch calmed me. The beating heart of hers inside her chest. Its rhythm, a constant pace, sending rest through my body and finally exhaustion hit me full force.

This day was a roller coaster of emotions and just a lot, if I was being honest. Thinking too much, was tiring. Jesus, emotions are a lot harder to handle than just being an emotional stone.

Sure, emotions were important nevertheless I was thinking about the big ifs. What if I shut everything out again? What if I was not able? Would I feel any different about Cate, if I pushed the pain away?

Actually, since I had met her I always thought and acted emotional. It was like she had always been the reason for my ability to feel. She made me feel love and everything that came with it. Passion or plenitude.

The first ever definition of love I had read somewhere was that Love, is when somebody else's happiness is more important than your own. And that seemed rather accurate to me, or "love is, when I'd share my last chicken nugget with you." That seemed even more matching to my life, but it did not sounds as beautiful.

"Can we watch a movie?" Dash came running towards us in his Batman pjs, taking a seat next to me.

Instinctively, I wanted to part with Cate and loosen the hug, but as she prevented me from doing it, I realized there was no need to 'hide' anymore. We only tried to not give Dash the idea of us being together, but now his father was aware and there was in general no issue with us being a couple. Though, Cate had to decide whether she wanted to tell Dash or not.