~22. Unlocked Momories.~

⚠️tw:blood, child death, trauma?⚠️

(Memory about eleven years ago...)

It was the last week and year nine of school. In General nothing special, everyone was just hyped to get over with this week and start into the summer holidays, however the fourteen year old Beatrix was not too keen.
Confusion, was what she felt, along with sadness, which she didn't see as 'sadness' rather than an unwell feeling, which she carried within her for some time. David, the girl's father, dumped her for his new flame and left the country for the next weeks. Sucker.

How's school for her?
Well, there you would always get the same response: School, was fine. It's just school.

Lunch break was like five minutes away and Beatrix sat unbothered in her usual chair, waiting till she can finally leave.

Her mind was everywhere, but in geometry class. Gillian, her mom, worried her. She was pregnant and about to give birth, but the mother was alone at home.

Should she leave and head home to check on her mom?

Well, usually the girl wouldn't have spent a second thought on skipping school, especially for her mom, but Gillian hated to know her daughter was risking to get into a lot of trouble.

Beatrix decided to stay in school, since there was only one class left before she would leave anyway.

And soon there was the bell, dismissing the class and the dark blonde haired girl stood up from her seat and was leaving the classroom, to get a little bit of rest in one of the corners in the cafeteria.

Tom, the usual very quiet boy, decided to finally go and ask Beatrix out. He did never talk to anyone really, but why? Well we will never know, until the boy opens up.
With a racing heartbeat, the brunette boy walked outside the classroom, where he had been watching Bea, as well to search for his crush in the cafeteria.

A crush, that's what Beatrix is to Tomas.

The small boy reached the overfilled cafeteria and swallowed, at the sudden crowd of people. His social anxiety, would kill him, if it wasn't for Beatrix.
Bravely, Tomas made it's way through the bunch of students standing at the entrance of the hall and quickly he spotted the girl, he desired.

As he approached the table in the corner, his heart was beating in his chest like he ran a marathon. Finally, Tom took the courage to talk.

"Hey, Beatrix." He nearly whispered and to the boy's bad, his voice cracked in the end, making him blush badly.

"What's up Tom?" The girl asked, not really paying attention, due to her wandering mind.

"I uh.. I.. I thought.. uhm.. would you.. like to.. go.. maybe.. grab a milkshake.. me?" The brunette stuttered and grabbed his elbow in a nervous manner. He scolded himself for this useless question.

Nervously Tom scratched his head, waiting for his crush to give an answer.

"Tom, I-" Bea started nicely to decline, but couldn't really get herself to actually say no.

Something within in her, made her want to say yes, even though the girl was really unsure about whether she even liked boys at all.
But, what would the school think? Or her friends? She never even went out on a date, they surely would become suspicious. That was a fact, in the girl's mind.

"Yeah, sure."

"Oh my god, really?!" The boy nearly squealed in excitement.

"Yeah, anyway, wanna sit with me?" Jesus, did I really just ask him that? The student thought and mentally scolded herself for agreeing and even inviting her classmate to sit with her.