~49. About Life and Death...~

Tw: death
————————
*narrator's POV*

Two ambulance cars raced one another down the streets. At least that's what it looked like for outsiders. With squealing tires and loud sirens they reached the hospital.

A bunch of doctors took over from then on. Gillian, laid unconsciously on a rescue stations bed and was rolled inside the building. Angelina followed close behind. A similar situation happened, with Bea and Cate. It was just that the younger Anderson was conscious and immensely afraid, of what happens next. Well, and Dashiel hold his mom's hand.
None of this was supposed to happen the way it did in that moment. Gillian was not supposed to be in her condition and Bea's pregnancy was not supposed to end in that way. It actually seemed like a deja vu. The time after Gillian had gotten pregnant with Bea, it went quite similarly...

Inside the hospital, the doctors tried everything to keep Gillian alive and to locate her daughters bleeding. It was not anywhere near nice to watch. Neither the doctors nor Cate and Angelina, who stood outside the rooms. The brunette's face was stained in tears, whilst Cate's showed paleness. Dashiel sat on one of the chairs behind both women. Usually, he would be fast asleep at such time. Four in the morning was no time any of them would regularly be awake.

The boy was the only one of them who dared to speak, "Mom?"

Cate was too focused on what was going on inside the room, that she hadn't heard her son calling. He tried again and this time she turned around. Her face looked just as pale as the second they stepped inside the building.

"What is it, baby?"

"What's going on?" The boy asked in a quiet voice, as he rubbed his tired little eyes.

His mother kneeled down in front of him, placed the bag down on the floor and grabbed his smaller hands. "We don't know that yet, the doctors haven't said anything so far. We'll have to wait. You can take a nap, if you like?" She placed her jacket on the chair next to his, so the boy could use it as a pillow.

"Will you wake me, when the doctors say anything?" Dashiel asked.

Cate smiled lightly and stroke his hair, "Of course, baby."

Soon he fell back asleep and Angelina and Cate stood back in front of the rooms. Both had their arms crossed in front of their chests.

"Bea will survive." The brunette said.

"She has to..." Cate whispered and played with her wrists uneasily.

The blonde turned her head and glimpsed at Angelina. "How much time did they say Gillian had?"

"A year, when we got the diagnosis. She would still have time..." Angelina cracked out quietly.

It took not too long until doctors approached both women in the corridor. Cate was informed, that her fiancé was alright and so the baby. It was just a tiny bleeding that stopped bleeding soon, however the water broke still. Gillian, was so far stable, yet they also said she would probably not make it till tomorrow...

Whilst Cate and Dashiel went into Bea's room to see her, the other woman visited Gillian.

Angelina slowly opened the door and immediately stared at her girlfriend. She took a seat on her bed and grabbed the blonde's hand. Gillian cracked her eyes open.

"Hi, my love." Angelina cooed and a tear fell down her cheeks.

"Don't cry." Gillian said weakly. "Would you do me a favor?"

"Anything for you. What is it?"

And as they talked, Cate had already called Sarah. She asked her to take care of Dashiel, as long as she would be with Bea. The usual plan was to settle Dash up with Genevieve, Cate's sister, for the birth of his sibling, but now it was way easier to ask Sarah.
Sarah was on her way. Cate helped Bea to breathe through her contractions. So far they weren't too bad, however it helped the pregnant woman to know someone was with her. Cate sat Dash with headphones and a series on her phone on a chair, turned away from them, until Sarah arrived.