~15. Momma and a bold decision..~

A pizza laying in my lap and a brown little dog right next to me on the couch, I allowed my lips to curve into a faint smile. The softness was a great comfort. My mom was sitting with Angelina on the other couch, eating their pasta, while exchanging sweet looks. It was disgustingly cute. Stella's head rested on my lap, near the pizza box. Just near enough, so she could smell it, but to her bad not close enough to nibble on the food. I caught that pink tongue sliding along the box a few times. A film played softly in the background, while we ate and talked during a late lunch or what ever we wanted to call it.

As the feeling of hunger faded, I exhaled sharply and looked into Stella's sweet face.

"Only a small piece of the edge, deal?" I whispered and she tilted her head to the side as if understanding what I voiced.

I fed her the small piece and she seemed pretty thankful.

In a small voice I whispered an "you're welcome" and Stella wiggled with her tail and out of nowhere jumped onto my lap. Gladly I closed the pizza box before she did it, so her back was not covered in sauce and oil.

Laughs filled the room as Stella jumped up and began licking my face.

"Stop you silly little bean!" I snickered and managed to prevent the dog from washing my face in its saliva.

"I'm glad my kids get along that well." My mom smiled sarcastically, managing to get under my skin.

"Your what?" I rose my eyebrows.

"Stella and you." She leaned forward and placed her empty container on the coffee table.

The blonde crawled closer and sat down on the carpet in front of the couch I was seated on, to pet her new kid.

"Who's my favorite little girl?" She smirked at me for a moment to look at my face, enjoying my surprised expression.

Am I jealous of a dog right now?

No.

Maybe.

"Oh, come on, don't be evil, darling." The brunette laughed at my mom, flashing a toothy smile.

"Do what your girlfriend says, mom." I agreed playfully on Angelina's comment and we both shared a laughter.

She was not as bad as the others.

"Wow, you're already plotting against me. That's gonna be fun, isn't it?" My mom rose an eyebrow and looked at the slim figure of her brunette.

They would stay together, if this only ever was the beginning.

Angelina sat elegantly on the couch, her chin resting on top of her hand as my mom went back, sitting down next to her. Their thighs touched and it was awfully usual how they behaved around each other.

Both women glimpsed into each other's eyes, making intense eye contact. Why was it so normal? They sat there and behaved as if they had never done it any other way.

Kinda weird to see them together. Not because they are both woman, obviously. But I've never seen my mom together with anyone really growing up. I know she's been sleeping with other people, cause why not? But my mom never brought anyone home. At least not as far as my memory allowed it to be recall.

With a soft smile and a hint of jealousy, I glimpsed at the two lovebirds. Being single was much more fun anyway. Definitely. Not.

I want to fall into Cate's arms and apologise till my voice is gone, but I'm sitting on a couch, in my mom's living room, with her dog cuddled into my side. A beer in one hand and a bag of whatever snack in the other and I officially would end it.