¤Chapter 32¤

¤Chapter Thirty-two¤

My friends attacked me as soon as I walked through the glass doors.

"Madi!" Was the only thing I was able to understand because they were all talking and squealing at the same time. It was hard to get annoyed as I witnessed the unfiltered joy that radiated off them. The girls grabbed my hand and jumped excitedly while I stood unfazed by their shenanigans.

"Please," I pulled my hand away after giving them ample time to overreact. "Not all at once"

"Yeah," Sam rose her voice so it was louder than the others. "As the maid of honor I can't let you ladies terrorize the bride like this"

"You're not the made of honor, I am!" Angie placed a hand on her chest, offended Sam would say something so atrocious.

Before Sam could deny it, Amy piped in, "Screw y'all, I'm the real M.O.H"

"No you're not" Angie scrunched her face up.

"No she's not," Sam and the others looked at me expectantly. "Tell her Madi"

I ran a hand over my face, exasperated. "I'm not getting married and if I was I would cancel considering this is how you'd all act"

"No we're just kidding, really" Angie pouted. "Don't be like that"

"We can all be M.O.Hs it's not a big deal" Amy flung her curly hair over her shoulder in a dramatic way that I'm assuming was supposed appear cool.

Sam groaned. "Stop being lazy, repeat after me: Maid. Of. Honor"

"It's trendy, not lazy" Amy crossed her arms defiantly. "You're just lame"

"You all are driving me crazy" I grumbled under my breath and their heads snapped to me.

Angie placed her hands on her hips, temporarily reminding me of my mom whenever I got in trouble as a kid. "Excuse me but do you think hearing that your best friend is outside giving Brittney's ex a tongue sandwich isn't crazy?"

Sam nodded. "If we're crazy, we got it from you"

"Tongue sandwich sounds gross but I bet it was tasty huh Madi?" Amy nudged me suggestively.

I sighed. It was better when they were worried about me, this is getting ridiculous. "I'm going home. You all need to be cleansed"

"Oh, we were actually planning on heading over to your place so we can all leave together today" Amy informed me while reapplying her lip-gloss.

I paused. "Um... Owen's coming over so don't bother—" They opened their mouths to squeal and I held a hand up, stopping them mid sound. "And don't scream, it's embarrassing. I'm not a child learning how to walk for the first time"

"No, but you finally look happy again so you'll have to kill us if you don't want us to celebrate!" Amy stuck her tongue out and laughed.

"Madi Fields is taken bitches!" Sam stretched her arms horizontally and yelled at the clear sky above.

"Is that your last words?" I rose a brow and they all froze, clinging to each other and watching me suspiciously.

"Fine, we'll leave now but be safe okay?" Angie backed up towards the main parking lot where two cars where parked. "I know I'd make a good aunt but you have your whole life ahead of you"

"Angie." I narrowed my eyes and she ran towards the cars giggling.

"Well she already warned you so I guess we'll just head out" Sam gave me an expectant look before grabbing Amy's hand and following after Angie.