¤Chapter 13¤

¤Chapter Thirteen¤ 

«One Year Ago«

"Madison, I said stop damn it!" Todd's voice is sharp and authoritative. It rings in my ears and commands my body to listen. 

I freeze on the spot, tears brimming my eyes. For how long will I allow him to have so much power over me? Better yet, how long has he had this much control?

I turn to face him. His midnight hair is tussled from his activity with Brittney and he forgot to pull up his zipper in his haste to stop me from leaving. His boxers are on the floor, crumbled in a way that tells me this was supposed to be quick. Too bad their timing was off or they probably would have accomplished their goal. Well, I think, technically they did accomplish their goal. I look away, disgusted.

 My so-called BFF is lying in her queen-sized bed, her face ghostly pale and eyes wide in shock. She clings on to the silk sheet like it's a life jacket or an invisibility cloak. Has she forgotten that she forced me to go skinny dipping with her in the lake by our school? There's nothing beneath the covers that I haven't seen before.

 I glare in her direction, wishing she would disappear. Her lips quiver as if she's about to start crying. When Todd shifts so his back is facing her, the embarrassment disappears and she glares right back. What? I stumble backwards, astonished. Was this planned? There's no 'I didn't mean for it to happen' excuse? She wanted him and took him, like she takes everyone else. 

Brittney always gets what she wants. I used to envy her, hell, I even looked up to her for being so confident and bold but this is too much. This is wrong. A smirk plays on her lips as she watches me as if she knows exactly what I'm thinking. The covers slide below her flushed chest, showing me that she's still aroused even though they just got caught.

She's sick.

"Madison, baby" Todd grabs my hand and brings it up towards his lips. I pull away before he could kiss me. They're tinted with traces of her lipstick. I don't wear makeup because I'm no good at it but that should be my lipstick, not hers. Mine. He betrayed my trust, they both did.

"Don't touch me!" I clutch the door frame, feeling faint. My whole world...

I gave him my whole world and he gave me... this.

I stare into his golden eyes, wondering what I did wrong? Did I deserve this? "How long have you been fucking my best friend?" 

"Watch your mouth Madison," He chastises then slides the back of his hand gently against my cheek to soften the blow. This used to make my body tremble in want but now I feel numb. "I've always been captivated by your innocence and swearing isn't innocent now, is it baby?"

I want to leave.

I want to scream.

I want to—

He grabs my neck with one hand and tilt my chin up to look at him with the other. I can still breathe but my heart thumps rapidly in my chest. "Answer me." His voice is a low growl in my ear. The last time he did this to me, we were under much better circumstances and I was ready to comply to his every demand. Now, I just feel nauseated.

I shake out of his physical and emotional grasp, "How could you?" My voice cracks and I look towards the window, not wanting to see either of them.

Brittney answers first, her loud voice taunting. "What? Aren't friends supposed to share? How about you join us today and we'll all pretend nothing happened tomorrow?"

Todd smirks, glancing at her in amusement over his shoulder before contorting his face into something more somber and turning back to face me. "Baby this won't ever happen again. You believe me, don't you?"