¤Chapter 34¤

¤Chapter Thirty-four¤

Owen and I stumbled out of the shower laughing. 

He told me to never change but I already feel like a different person somehow. A part of me still felt like this is all one big dream and when I wake up I'll be at the party where I talk to Todd for the first time. The party I wish I never went to in the first place. 

My eyes met his as he dried his wet hair with one of the towels I handed him and he winked. My heart warmed just like it's been doing ever since we met. Our activities moved to the bathroom after he decided to prove his limited experience is not a setback —not that it would matter to me either way. I wanted a shower and so did he so we took one together and that led to a continuation of what took place in my room a few minutes ago. 

He popped his head in my walk-in closet just as I dropped my towel and began getting dressed. "Exactly when will your parents get back?"

I made him wait while I pulled on a pair of fresh underwear and threw on a pair of spandex shorts with a large shirt. "I know why you're asking that," I muttered cheekily. "Your appetite knows no bounds"

He approached me, still wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. I watched distractedly as a clear droplet fell from his neck and slid down the same chest I was clinging to moments ago. "And yours does?"

I gulped as my eyes wandered down to the towel at his hips. "It does."

He wrapped gentle arms around me in a warm hug and I let his familiar scent fill my head like a drug. He lowered his voice to whisper in my ear, "Liar."

I pushed up on my toes and pressed my lips against his then pulled back to meet his gaze. "I thought this was supposed to be a date?"

His head tilted curiously. "And this usually happens on first dates?"

"I don't have to follow society's restricting rules," I pecked his cheek and moved to the door before looking back at him again. "Besides, my boyfriend was so needy I just had to help him out"

"How kind of you" He grinned back at me with eyes that twinkled from amusement.

"You're welcome, baby" I left him gaping after me in shock. I'm finally getting used that word. The more he says it, the more I melt inside. Now it's time for him to see how it feels, I felt my lips curve into a smile. After almost twelve months of agony I finally feel... happy.

◊◊◊

He's such a big baby, I thought to myself as I brushed Owen's hair with hesitant fingers. We were supposed to watch a horror movie together but he said it was scary and fell asleep as soon as Chucky started playing. Somehow his head found it's way on my lap while the rest of his body curled up in a fetal position on the plush sofa. I placed my elbow on the arm of the chair and watched him openly, not denying the tender feelings in my heart.

Long, dark lashes curled out from closed lids. His nose had a rounded tip that gave me the slight urge to reach out and poke it with my finger. Full lips rests beneath that —tinted red because we made out before starting the film. I almost forgot how exhilarating it was to date someone. How fun it is to be in that stage where you can't keep your hands off each other. 

I've let Owen believe that he's more hungry for me but in reality I wish we could embrace each other forever, riding the same wave and clinging to each other like it's the end of the world. I want to get into his mind and figure out why I can't read him. Why he's the only guy on this planet I can't seem to understand. Now that I've had a taste, I want everything he's willing to give me. I've finally found what I didn't realize I was looking for —I just don't have a word to describe it yet.