¤Chapter 12¤

¤Chapter Twelve¤ 

"Fuck!" Brendon cried out as I shoved him with enough force to make him fall flat on the ground.

He's lucky I dragged him to the grass and not concrete. People like him disgust me. They take advantage of others then joke about it afterwards as if the whole thing is some kind of game. If it wasn't for me, that girl —whoever she was— would've been in this situation instead. Fortunately for her, I know exactly what to do with mouth breathers like him.

"Get up." I advanced venomously as he scurried back like a snake. Easy prey.

He looked up at me anxiously through hooded eyes. "M-Madi I was just joking, c'mon you remember when me, you, and Todd used to—"

"Get up!" I raised my voice this time and slammed my boot in his shin to prove I'm serious. "Or do you think you can fight me lying down?"

Todd.

How dare he say his name? Yeah I remember exactly. Todd was the captain of his team and I was so attached to him we went everywhere together. Back then I thought because we loved each other so much, we just didn't want to be separated. The reality is I was nothing but arm candy for him —his property. Something he could flourish around to show people I belonged to him. I didn't mind because it felt like he was protecting me, I felt safe. But I was being controlled and didn't even realize until his true personality finally got past my clouded vision. It was too late; I was already broken. 

I heard shuffling feet behind me and conclude that it was only a matter of time before someone separated us. I pulled out a spare scrunchie from my jeans pocket and tied my hair back. It's time I got down to business.

Brendon stood with trembling legs in front of me. Fear and nerves, my brain recognized immediately. Without hesitation I connected my fist with his abdomen then turned on my heels and sung my left foot to his right shoulder. It's a calculated move. He's not a skilled opponent and I'm not fighting to save a life —just revenge. Therefore, I don't use too much force. My decision to not kick his face in is less of me being kind and more of me not wanting to push Mr. Pot too far, there's only so much he can do after all. He gasped and heaved as if trying to cough up blood, but this is not that kind of fight —it just feels like he's going to die. No blood. My heart rate steadied and the raging flame began to simmer.

This is kind of fun. Who needs a punching bag when you can just fight a jerk?

"Madi!" A male voice I'm too familiar with yelled, momentarily distracting me. Brendon took this opportunity to lunge.

Crap!

I ducked as a feeble punch flew over my head and he stumbled into the crowd. They pushed him back towards me with contempt. I smiled malevolently at the situation then shook my head, clearing my thoughts. Okay Madi, my training kicked in, no more fooling around. I need to end this quick because surely teachers will wonder why no one is in class. Taking a few steps back, I plan my final moves. He stood there panting and glaring with no attempt to fight back. It seems he wants me to hurt him so he can pin all the blame on me. I don't particularly enjoy defeating a stationary opponent so I wait.

"You're a whore! That's why Todd left you. He got tired of dating a dumb bitch so he dropped you like a rock" He chuckled and the crowed murmured amongst themselves. My heart clenched in my chest and the flame that was dwindling materialized into something darker than I intended. That name again.

My hands trembled violently as I stared into Brendon's impassive eyes. I tilt my head to each side then stretched my arms out, intertwining my fingers and cracking my knuckles. "You know, if you wanted me to kick your ass using full strength you could've just asked nicely." I narrow my eyes and approached him with the calm of an animal about to pounce. "For you Brendon, I'll show no mercy."