XXXII. Temptation

"All I ask you is to promise me that you will wait. I will come to you when I am ready. Wait for me. "

------------------------------

I heard many members tell me different things about married life

I heard many members tell me different things about married life. Some said that the first year of marriage would be easy as the husband's interest in the wife will be new and the problems will start in the second year of marriage. Others told her that the first year would be difficult because a wife must get accustomed to the different life with new people and they say that the rest of the road in marriage will have small bumps.

I do not know which one I should consider. My situation seemed similar to both.

After explaining my plan to Akshaya. We went over the things we need to cover and things to investigate. We did not believe that Vinay uncle could do anything to harm Abhi. Akky agreed with my theory that he was blackmailed. So we are going to start the investigation by checking his call records.

I am satisfied that I have my friend to look forward to the matter. Even Nihal is going to help us. And we three together are going to find the culprit and punish them for blaming Vinay. I doubt that the culprit might be my parents' murderer.

But the thing which kept me worried is my husband's absence. The sun has set and it was dark. My mind went to many dark places thinking of the possibilities of what might have happened.

I looked down at my phone, it displayed that it was ten in the evening. I sighed for the thousandth time. My fingers hovered my mobile. I closed my eyes for a moment.

Little me was running from the house looking back waiting to see if someone followed me. My feet hurt from running barefoot. I stopped in front of the car and saw two people lying lifelessly inside the car. I approached them slowly and saw two familiar bodies covered in blood. Someone screamed, and I realized that it was I screaming. My hands were trying to touch my parents. I extended my hand and as I touched them, their faces changed and they transformed into Abhi and Diya.

I stumbled back in shock. "No." I covered my mouth trying to choke my sob. I noticed that my hand was not small. I looked down and saw older me. From the corner of my eye, I noticed a fire start in the car. I rushed in the direction but was unable to move further.

"No, let me go." I tried to break free and started beating aimlessly.

Nothing happened to the glass and my hand. "Stop the fire. Help." I started looking around to ask someone for help. I looked around and found myself captivated in a glass chamber. I looked in the direction of the car and found ashes in its place.

I fell on my knees and started crying. "Don't leave me. Abhi." I whispered. Then I heard some distinct chuckle.

"Look at the poor Avni's fate." I didn't look up and kept looking at the ash weeping.

"Don't start crying now. Even though it is a sole companion you got." The voice chuckled. I lifted my head and started looking around but found no one in the vicinity.