XLI. Hold on

"When you will your heart, it can make wonders. It make us heal, we xam recover from almost everything. It's all in the heart and the people that supports us and be on our side."
------------------------------------------------

I sat there on the floor for a long time. I felt numb at that moment. I could not believe that Abhi was in an accident. He broke his promise and left without telling me. How can he leave me? I told him, I begged him but he didn't listen.

I can feel someone shaking me, but I am unable to come out of it. I was lost and engulfed in sadness. I don't want to come out of it and feel his absence.

What if he will not make it! He might need me now, I need to collect my thoughts and go near Abhi. He might need me. I tried to move my body but it's not listening to me. I willed my mind to move my hands but I was unable to do it. I could feel myself losing my consciousness, I tried to be awake but I lost the battle like many others and lost my consciousness. I fell into a deep sleep.

I think people will feel the same thing after losing of a person close to their heart. I didn't know what to feel when my parents died, burn I sure missed having them near me and in my life. The second death, Vinay, I was consumed with rage and guilt. I only knew him for a short time, so I was not deeply hurt by it. I kept my focus on Abhi knowing that he will take his uncle's death to his heart. Abhi, his name alone is enough to make me feel alive. Now I do not accept a life without him. I will protect him, even if I need to sacrifice my life for him. With that determination, I tried to open my eyes, it was not happening. I tried again but I got the same result.

This time, I felt water sprinkle on my face. I slowly fluttered my eyes open. I closed them immediately when a bright light filled my eyes. I kept my eyes closed for a moment and slowly fluttered them open. I observed my surroundings; I was not in the living room. I was in a bedroom; I looked to my right and found Anu there with an anxious expression on her face. She was lost in her thoughts.

"Anu," hearing my voice she turned towards me.

"My baby," she engulfed me in a hug. I was uncomfortable with the position; I patted her back and tried to move out of her grip. Anu left me after a moment. I slowly sat up; Anu adjusted the pillow to my back and helped me to get comfortable.

"How do you feel?" Anu questioned me once I was comfortable in my seat.

"Peachy. Can I have some water?" Anu filled the glass and placed it near my lips. She slowly lifted the glass as I drank, I felt like a small kid. When I get sick, Anu always treated me like this.

The door to the room burst open as I opened my mouth to ask questions. Aarav came in looking worried followed by anxious papa and Meera ma.

Their faces relaxed instantly relax as they saw me sitting. Meera ma rushed to my side and hugged me. When she released me from the hug, papa followed the queue and gave me a small hug. Aarav approached me and just kept looking at me. I waited for him to tell me something.

"What happened to you down there?" I repeated the scenario in my head.

"I woke up and Abhi was not there, I ate breakfast and I got a call that A-" I froze mid-sentence. Abhi was involved in an accident.

I immediately stood up and was about to fall if Aarav was not there. He helped me from falling.

"Avni, sit down. You just opened your eyes now. You were unconscious for nearly one hour. You-" I stopped listening to Ana's words. It has been an hour since I got the news. Was he safe? I need to see him, now.

"Aarav, take me to the hospital," I ordered the young one. He nodded his head.

"No, Avni. The doctor is coming here. No, need to go there," Meera ma tried to convince me.