XL. Jealous

"Jealously, a trait humans have that clouds a person's judgement. It makes a person take rough decisions in their life."
---------------------------------------------------

After sending Diya and Akky from the house, I stood there few minutes not thinking anything and just standing there. I felt numbness in my hands and legs; I turned towards the entrance of the house. I pushed the door open and crashed to a hard surface.

"Ouch," I moved a bit back rubbing my forehead and wondering how a wall stood in front of my face. I looked in front of me and found a chest standing in the path. I slowly looked up and found to whom the chest belonged, it's my dear husband.

"Diya left?" He tried to suppress the smirk but it was visible on his face. I nodded my head for his question and let my hand fall from the head.

He sighed and there was no smirk on his face. "You didn't even allow me to see her before leaving. Why are you in so damn hurry?" He questioned me.

I do have an answer for him, but my mouth was sealed. Before I can answer, a growl was heard. I lowered my head in embarrassment realizing that it was my stomach making that sound.

"See you forgot to take care of yourself, angel. You are forgetting to eat. Come, I will get you something to eat." He took my hand in his and led me into the kitchen.

I followed him as my mind was struck by a single word. Angel, he has called me with his name for me. I couldn't stop the smile that spread on my face as I followed him. I felt great having him fuss over me; I might have looked stupid with looking at the back of his head and a smile on my face. I neither care how I looked nor was afraid of getting caught by him.

He ushered me to sit on the barstool. The barstools were placed near the island separating the cooking area and the dining area. I placed my hand down and propped my head on it. I watched him as he moved in the kitchen taking the ingredients and he looked comfortable being in there.

I felt home, with the threat looming above our heads still I was at peace at that moment as my eyes closed.

Abhi Goenka

"This takes time."

"Nah, this looks spoilt."

"Why are there no leftovers in this damn thing?" I grumbled into the refrigerator. I was searching for anything to eat. Angel was hungry as she skipped the meal and I didn't have dinner as I waited for her.

I heard a soft snorting sound that brought me out of my thoughts. I closed the refrigerator door and turned around. I found Avni sleeping there on the island. She was looking cute with her eyes closed; she gave a small smile as if she was dreaming something good. I felt myself walk towards her, I slowly removed the hair that fell over her face and moved it aside.

I wanted to sit in front of her and watch her all day, but I need to fill our stomachs now. I grumbled and got back to searching.

I was searching the cabinets cursing the staff. I removed a packet and found noodles. "This will have to do."

I tried to make minimum noise while cooking not wanting to disturb her. I filled a pan with water and let the spaghetti cook in it. I got some vegetables and started cutting them while checking the spaghetti. After the noodles were done, I made a sauce. I was stirring the sauce when a similar memory haunted me.

I learned this recipe from her, before our marriage she was staying with me. We did many fun things then and she thought me how to make this. I told her that this would be our recipe.

After the sauce was done, I added noodles to it. I stirred it and turned the gas off once it was done. I took two plates and placed the food on them. I placed the meals on the island and bent to wake her.