Lost in Language

Luz's Pov

"Azura!' Hecate began, Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally." I read from my book, I sighed in content, "Luz, you're getting all swoony again." King said to me,

"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power." I said as I held my book tightly to my chest.

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been into your awful fandom!" King said as his tail wagged. I smiled, I looked over to see that Y/n woke up from her nap, I smiled widely, I pinched her cheek.

"Good morning Y/n, wow even when you're tired, you still look adorable." I laughed, she smacked my hand away and made her way to the couch and sat down, then King walked over to Y/n and sat on her lap. "Hey King." Y/n said scratching his ear. "Okay, now back to the book. Suddenly the door swung open!"

"DING DONG DING, HOOT HOOTY!" Hooty slams the door open making us jump. "The book has come to life, burn it!!!" King yelled, Y/n rubbed his head. "Relax you goober." She said as she petted him. I walked over to the door and found this basket. "Eda you got a package." I said as I carried it into the house.

"Must be a gift from an ex-boyfriend.. oh Mama Eda, how do you keep bringing in the simps?" Y/n asked, I smiled at her, Eda looked at her, "It's probably my natural beauty." She replied, as she made her way to the basket.

"It seems like a gift basket." I said "Probably an offering, ahh being the most powerful witch in the boiling Isles has its perks." Eda said. King moves down the blanket revealing a sleeping baby. "Mm.. fresh meat!" King rubs his hands.

"Nope, we're not eating that." I said as I pulled him away. "Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?" Eda asked, King grabbed the note "There's a bot. 'Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi. " King read.

"Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening!" Eda immediately said, "You'll be handsomely rewarded. XOXOXO. Bat Queen." King finished reading. "Bat Queen?" Eda asked.

"Bat Queen? Who dat?" Y/n asked. "She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles! Get in with her and you're set for life." She said looking at the shiny coin.  "So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy!"

"Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes, And maybe this will be practice for the future!" I said and I blushed with excitement, I looked over to Y/n who was drinking water, and then randomly she started coughing.

"Not you, You have to return the books I checked out from the library." Eda summoned the book onto Y/n arms. She then whispered to King and I heard that because well I was eavesdropping. "I don't want them getting a cut of the loot." "Good thinking!" King whispered. "I can hear you!" I said as I folded my arms.

"Well you're a good listener, Now, let's take a look at this little darling." Eda took away the blanket to reveal the baby was a bat that started screeching which shook the house. I quickly pushed Y/n out the door. "Quit shoving!" She complained.

"On second thought maybe we could use your help!" I heard Eda scream, "Well, I better get to the library! Got to go! Bye!" I ran out the house slamming the door behind me. I looked at Y/n who was struggling with the books. So I grabbed a load off her hands.

"Library?" She asked, "You know it." I confirmed as I shot a finger gun at her. We made our way to the library, "Woah!" I said in amazement "This is so awesome." Y/n said as she made her way to the door we opened it and looked around and there were a ton of books of different genres, we made our way to the librarian.