➤ Chapter 11 : Birthday

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17

"I just don't understand it. How could you seriously believe Naruto is better than One Piece. It's just about an orphan who likes using gang signs to get to Mount Rushmore", you argue with Lev.

"Says the who likes watching a group of orphans sail around sea all while being hunted down by the government."

"Okay, but what if the orphans were fighting titans to save humanity? Huh?", Yamamoto adds.

"What's with you people and orphans?", says Yaku.

You look across from the bench you guys were sitting on to see a car pulling into the school's parking lot.

Kenma stepped out of the passenger side and Kuroo out of the driver's.

"Since when does he have a car?"

People gathered around Kuroo as if he was some kind of god.

Oh right. Today's his birthday.

All three boys got up and went in Kenma and Kuroo's direction. You followed.

They all greeted him with happy birthdays and punches in the arms.

"What? Nothing from you?", Kuroo asks looking at you.

"Happy birthday, I guess", you say crossing your arms and looking in another direction.

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

"I'm almost in front of your door."

"Remind me why I have to do this."

"As a thank you. And for good karma."

"I don't believe in karma."

"Just come downstairs."

You head downstairs. "Mom, Dad, I'm leaving!", you call out to your parents before stepping out. You could see Kuroo walking up the block.

"You look nice", you say.

"Are you actually complimenting me? And just nice? I'd say I look sexy."

"I take it back. You're getting cocky."

Kuroo chuckles. "You ready to go?"

You both begin walking. "By the way, when did you get a car? I've never seen you with it before."

"It was my dad's old car I fixed up. I'd use it at times to sneak out to parties, but he found out and wouldn't give me the keys back until I turned eighteen."

"That's tough. Speaking of which, why are we walking when you have a car?"

"You can't walk ten minutes? Geez, Y/n. You should be driving me. And there's not much parking around that area so I couldn't bring the car. You brought money right?"

"Yeah? I think I have a decent amount."

"Okay, good because didn't plan on spending anything tonight."