➤ Chapter 20 : Feverish

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

FRIDAY, JANUARY 1

"What we're you and Kuroo doing?", your mom says standing in front of the door with her arms crossed as soon as you entered the room.

"I missed you too mommy."

"Don't mommy me. What were you two doing when I called? Why were you breathing so heavily?"

"Kuroo hurt his leg so I tried carrying him", you say hanging up your coat and unzipping your sweater.

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not. Why does our first conversation of the year have to be an argument?"

"What's that on your neck", she asks pointing.

"Hmm? What's what?" You touch your neck and remember the hickeys Kuroo had given you.

Oh shit... I'm fucked.

You hold the side of your neck trying to hide the mark.

"Would you believe me if I said I hit it on the ice?"

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6

Kuroo had texted you earlier telling you he couldn't pick you up this morning.

"I've missed you guys."

"Aww, Lev. I missed you too", you reply.

"Is Kuroo not with you today?", asks Yaku.

"He's not here? He told me he couldn't pick me up today."

"He's got a high fever. He'll most likely be home for the rest of the week", says Kenma.

"How come he didn't tell me that? Did you see him?"

"No, but I'll go later. Gives me a reason to miss practice. Can't play without the captain anyway."

"You're not skipping practice. I'll go after school."

"Isn't that cute", says Yamamoto. "You hung up on me so quickly the other day without answering my question?"

"What are you talking about?"

"When I asked when you two would become official."

"Oh that...", you chuckle nervously. "I think the first bell's about to ring. We should start heading in."

"You're deflecting. You both like each other so what's the problem?"

"Can we talk about this another time, Tora?"

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

"Knock knock", you say entering Kuroo's room.

"Y/n?", he says sitting up from his bed. "What are you doing here? My dad let you in?"

"Heard your dumbass was sick. I don't know why you didn't tell me though. What happened?" You use the back of your hand to touch his forehead. "You're burning up."