Part 1

Hinata's POV

The sound of shoes squeaking on the gym floor was followed by the best sound in the world; Volleyballs slamming into the court after an amazing spike. I landed on the gym floor with a thud after flying high to slam the ball over the net. I lifted my hand to look at my slightly reddened palm and fingers. I still felt the sting the ball left behind. I grinned widely and made a fist. The sting left on my hand was my favorite feeling in the world and I owed it all to that person... Bakayama. Ever since I came to Karasuno High and joined the volleyball team I've felt like I had a place in this world.

"Nice kill Hinata!" Noya senpai shouted and brought me out of my thoughts.

"How was the set boke?" Kageyama asked and kind of looked like he would murder me if I answered incorrectly.

"Umm. It was a little hard?" I said it more like a question, not wanting to anger the king. He was good at his job, but I'm not going to lie his sets freaked me out sometimes. He was too good. I was starting to get along with him though. It had been a long road, but we were all in a good place now.

"What? Too hard you say? Well boke, get used to it and spike the ball down that much harder. You got that!" I nodded and backed away from him slowly. I felt like his aura was on fire. I'm not sure why he was so angry, but it happened often so I was kind of used to it.

"Kageyama! Give Hinata a break. He's been hitting your sets perfectly." Suga yelled, activating his mama mode. He was super protective over all the members calling all of us his babies and Daichi often took the roll of the dad. It always made me laugh.

"Yeah king, why don't you give the shrimp a break?" Tsukishima smirked, knowing he was provoking Kageyama.

"Tsukishima Kei!" both mom and dad yelled.

"Tsuki, you don't have to be so mean," Yamaguchi added.

"Shut up Tadashi!"

"Sorry Tsuki," Yamaguchi quickly apologized and started to sulk. I always felt bad for Yamaguchi. Tsukishima was such a jerk face most of the time. I didn't know how he dealt with him. Of course, I didn't have much room to pity someone else. Kageyama was just as bad to me, but not all the time. Believe it or not he had his sweet moments too.

"Alright guys, time to stretch then go home!" Coach Ukai announced and most of the guys started to help Kiyoko and Yachi pick up the balls.

I frowned as dread started to fill my body. I didn't want to go home. It wasn't much of a home. Not since my mom remarried. I gripped my hands into fists at my sides and grit my teeth. I wasn't going home yet.

"What's wrong with our little sunshine?" I heard Suga asking Daichi and realized I wasn't hiding my emotions as well as I normally did. I unclenched my fists and relaxed my face. I took a deep breath and ran over to Kageyama. Good old reliable Kageyama. He was moody, but he always said yes to extra practice.

"Toss to me Kageyama!" I gave him a small grin, but I lost it as soon as he spoke.

"Sorry Hinata, I have a doctor's appointment." I frowned but suddenly worried about Bakayama.

"Is everything okay? You're not sick, are you?" I was a little confused when he gave me a small smile. He gave me a pat on my head, and his fingers seemed to linger in my bright orange hair. I looked up at him a little confused.

"I'm fine boke. It's just a physical."

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I said with disappointment laced in my words. He took his hand off my hand and waved as he turned away and left the gym. I still didn't want to go home yet. Someone would stay, wouldn't they?