Part 21

***Trigger Warning*** Mentions of self-harm (character describes Shoyo's arm)

Oikawa's POV

I never imagined we'd find Shoyo, crying alone, in the same cemetery that Iwa's grandma was buried in. We went there together sometimes to visit her grave. She was a crazy old lady that we both had admired and loved. When we found him, we weren't sure what was going on. His aunt was buried in America so it couldn't have been her. Once I got close enough to see the headstones, I stopped speaking mid-sentence.

After he told us what was going on, I felt my blood boiling with anger. How could his aunt lie to him like that and for that long? He deserved to know the truth. My mind automatically went to the worst-case scenario. His aunt had probably taken any money or property that was left to Shoyo by his parents. We needed to investigate this for him. The situation also explained what brought Shoyo to the point of hurting himself. When I read Kageyama's messages I didn't want to believe him. Our sunshine wouldn't do something like that. I was glad he decided to stay over. It would give us some time together and maybe give me and Iwa some time to figure out what all is going on with him. I got the bad feeling his aunt lying wasn't his only issue at home. Especially after hearing about the phone call with his stepdad, well I guess uncle, screaming at him. I knew that was the truth because Sugamama had confirmed it. I needed that two-toned setter to do what he did best and dig up some dirt on the guy.

After helping Iwa with dinner for a while and messing it up enough to piss him off and kick me out of the kitchen, I sauntered upstairs to shower. When I finished, I walked into the living room only to find Chibi-chan asleep on the sofa. I walked over but stopped short when I saw that his sleeves were bunched up and exposing gauze around his wrist. The gauze was barely hanging onto his arm, and it was clear to see that Kageyama was telling the truth. He had several cuts running across his arm, from the top of his wrist down to his forearm. Luckily, they didn't look very deep, but it also looked like they were in the process of healing so who knows how deep they were to start with. I grabbed a blanket from the top of the couch and laid it over Shoyo. I couldn't bear to look at the scars anymore.

I was angry and sad all at the same time. I didn't know why he hadn't reached out to any of us before going to those lengths. Did he not trust us? I didn't think that was the case. Maybe he was too embarrassed by his situation? I don't know. I shook my head and then gently moved his legs so that I could sit and laid his feet in my lap. I wrapped my hands around his small sock covered feet and gently squeezed. His toes were freezing. I used the blanket to cover his feet. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I looked over at Shoyo. He was out like a light. I snapped my fingers near his face and got zero response from him. Nothing short of a bomb would be waking him anytime soon.

I turned my phone on and facetimed the group chat. In the distance I heard Iwa's phone ringing. After a moment the screen of my phone was split into several sections with the other simps faces in each square. Iwa declined and instead came and sat down next to me on the couch. His hair was a little wet, I assumed he took a shower after preparing the stew and setting it on the stove to cook. I moved the phone so they could see the both of us. It looked like the twins had the same idea.

Atsumu: What's wit ya face calling? Couldn't ya just message us?

Osamu simply nodded in agreement with his brother.

Oikawa: I thought this would save some time and finger cramping.

Kageyama: What do you want? I'm really not in the mood to chat.

Iwa: It's Shoyo, right?

Kageyama glared into the phone for a moment then sighed and nodded.

Kenma: Did something else happen to Shoyo?