Part 25

Hinata's POV

A week later I found myself moving the rest of my things into Kageyama's house. Things had substantially calmed down and my life was finally starting to come together. Natsu, my cousin that was more of a sister, was placed with Koichi's sister. I had never met her until she came to pick Natsu up and I wasn't sure if it was safe for her to go. My worries melted away once I met her. She reminded me a little of Chiyo and knowing that she had only stayed away because her brother had once threatened her, told me that she had always wanted to be in Natsu's life but couldn't. I sighed in relief and my shoulders relaxed as I watched them drive away. We planned to stay in touch, and I'd come visit once they were settled.

Living with Tobio and Chiyo was liberating. It felt like I could finally breathe without having to look over my shoulder. Koichi was in jail and my aunt was in a rehab facility. Chiyo had gotten to work finding my parent's will and tracking down what was left of the inheritance. The money shouldn't have been touched by my aunt at all, but luckily it was such a large amount that she hadn't even spent half of what was left for me. It wasn't just money that was left for me, but a house too. We planned to check out the place this weekend. I was safe now and my side was also finally feeling better, even after last week's beat down. In another week, the coach would probably let me do a light practice with the team.

While everything finally seemed to be turning around, I couldn't ignore the overwhelming attraction between me and Tobio now that I was living with him. Kenma and the others took turns video calling me after they got out of school every day. I'm pretty sure the phrase "that lucky bastard Kageyama," came up in every chat. It made me smile and realize how lucky I was to have so many care about me. Since the cat was out of the bag and everyone knew I was gay, it was hard not to realize how much the simps flirted with me. Before, I was pretty sure they were all just joking and being friendly. Now, I wasn't so oblivious.

It was Friday and I was finally back at school. I got up early enough to leave with Kageyama and go to morning practice with him. Unfortunately, the bruising on my face had not healed yet. My eye was no longer swelled shut and the bruising had gone down, but I was sure I'd get a bunch of stares today. Kageyama seemed to notice the frown that had grown on my face.

"What's wrong Shoyo?" He walked a little closer and nudged me with his shoulder. I looked up to find a warm smile on his face. I dropped my frown immediately.

"Ah, it's nothing major, I was just thinking about all the people that will probably stare at me today."

Kageyama reached down for my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. He paused a moment as if he was unsure if he should be holding my hand or not. He looked into my eyes and said, "Is this, okay?"

To be honest I wasn't sure myself. This was uncharted territory for me. I had never been interested in multiple guys at once and had my feelings reciprocated at that. I wasn't sure what the rules were, if there were any. The last thing I wanted to do was make one of them jealous of another.

"I think so... I mean we're just holding hands." I paused to think for a moment. "Did you happen to talk to the other guys about this? I have a feeling you've all been talking about this very situation for a while now." Kageyama looked adorable as he shied away and rubbed the back of his neck with his other hand.

"Well, I mean, kind of." He looked a little embarrassed and uncomfortable. I don't think topics like feelings and dating were high on his list of things he liked to talk about. "Why can't Akaashi or Kuroo be here right now? Hell, I'd even take Oikawa or Barry the bee." He sighed and tightened his hold on my hand as he looked back at me. "Let's keep walking as we talk, or we'll be late. This thing between us will only work if you feel the same as we do. I hope you've figured it out by now, but we, as in all of the simps... like you in a more than a friend way."