Part 24

**Found art above on google. You're welcome. **

Kenma's POV

After hearing his story, two feelings quickly overwhelmed me: anger and devastation. I wasn't angry at Shoyo for not telling me what he was going through, I was furious at myself for not pushing harder for the truth. I knew deep down that he was hiding something, and I didn't ask because I didn't want him to push me away. I also felt a deep hatred and anger for his uncle; I had never felt this dark of a rage in my life. It was terrifying that I could imagine myself strangling the guy with my own hands. I looked around at the others, no one seemed to know what to say, and Kageyama seemed to be taking this the hardest out of all of us.

It was hard to see Shoyo in this shape. His face was badly bruised and swollen. It was taking all I had not to breakdown in front of him. He didn't need that though, he needed us to be strong for him. He looked around at each of us, looking like he wanted to say something, but was afraid. He hung his head after a moment.

"I'm not mad at you Shoyo and I'm pretty sure that goes for everyone else here. I'm just glad that you made it out alive." He looked up at me after hearing my voice. His lip quivered as the eye that wasn't swelled shut stared back at me and let loose a few tear drops.

"Yeah Chibi-chan, we're just glad you'll be okay." Kuroo added from my left side. I reached down for his hand for support. He squeezed my hand to keep me from losing it.

"We knew you've been going through a rough time; we just didn't realize the extent of your pain. I'm so sorry you went through that alone." Akaashi said in a soothing voice.

"You won't be alone anymore though. I can promise you that," Atsumu added.

"Well don't annoy him to the point where he gets tired of us you idiot." Osamu said and shoved his brother. The playful banter between the mischievous twins made Shoyo grin.

"I could never grow tired of any of you. I promise you that. I'm sorry I didn't tell any of you. I wanted to so many times and every time I lied; I felt another piece of me die inside. I was just a coward. I'm sorry." Shoyo shook his head and looked down again.

I was elated that he felt that way about us. It brought me and some of the others some relief. I could tell by the smiles on the faces of those around me.

"You won't ever have to go through anything else alone Chibi-chan. We're here for you. You know you're welcome at my house any time, day or night." That slick bastard Oikawa winked at him, earning a genuine smile from Shoyo.

We all started chatting, trying to lighten the mood in the room. I listened as Kuroo, Atsumu, and Bokuto began making fun of each other's hair. Shoyo was laughing so much that it hurt his side. After a while I noticed that Kageyama hadn't said a word to him and was standing off to the side. It looked like Shoyo had noticed this too.

"Hey guys, I think Kageyama and Shoyo need a few moments to themselves. Let's go get coffee or something." Kuroo stopped pushing Bokuto mid shove. Everyone looked at me and then at Kageyama, recognizing the dark and solemn expression on his face. We all said goodbye for now and left the room.

Kageyama's POV

I was in a daze after hearing the awful details of Shoyo's life. The struggles he seemed to deal with on almost a daily basis all by himself. I just couldn't understand how he still came to school with a smile as bright as the sun itself on his face. He was so energetic and carefree that you would have never guessed. It wasn't until recently that I realized something was off. I think he had finally reached the limit on how much he could take. The fact that he had lasted this long on his own was both amazing and disheartening. Why didn't he reach out to me, or anyone for that matter?