Part 15

***Trigger Warning*** Violence

Hinata's POV

Crap! Crap! Crap! Tobio caught me red handed.

"Did you hear me? I asked what you're doing?" I stared at him blankly a little longer until he took the crumpled up note out from my grasp.

"No, wait!" I tried to reach out for the note before he could read it, but it was too late.

"What the hell is this? Is this note from the guy that hurt you yesterday?" I only nodded. I was too panicked to talk right now. "This jerk is threatening you for more money and who the heck is this K person?"

"I-I don't know who K is. Maybe he's in charge of this group of thugs."

"But this guy is threatening you for more money, right?" I nodded again. I could only hope he'd drop the issue for now. If I could distract him enough, we could go have lunch and maybe he'd just let the issue go. I could always sneak back here during volleyball practice and leave the money then. My plan would've been perfect if that upperclassman hadn't shown up.

"Shoyo Hinata, good to see you again," The tall thug smirked and Tobio stepped in front of me in a protective nature. "I see you brought your bodyguard today." He gave an amused chuckle. "I also see you didn't leave the money in the machine like I told you to."

"Why does he have to listen to you? He isn't giving you any money. Run along before I report you to the school." Tobio didn't even give me a chance to respond.

"Listen I respect that you want to protect your friend, but it's about time you butt out. This is between me and Shoyo."

"Don't use his name so casually! If it affects Shoyo then it affects me too!"

The thug laughed again and came closer to us. I didn't know what to say to either person in front of me, so I stayed quiet. "Isn't that cute. Are you Hinata's boyfriend or something?" He smirked once again as he studied me and Tobio.

"Maybe I am. What's it to you?" I looked at Tobio in shock. Why would he answer him like that? My head whipped toward the thug. I watched as his amused expression became dark.

"If that's the case then he'd LOVE to hear about this new little development." His eyes were cold, dark, and uncaring. Exactly the look my mom had given me when she told me I was on my own. The coldness in his grey eyes crept down my spine. I had to push my discomfort aside though, Koichi could not hear any type of rumor claiming that I was in a relationship with a guy. We'd both be dead.

"No! No, we're just friends. There's nothing to tell. I swear." I didn't quite understand the hurt look in Tobio's eyes as I denied our relationship. It was the truth and he liked someone else, didn't he?

"Then hand over the money and I'll keep my lips sealed about your relationship, whether he's your boyfriend or not."

"What is he talking about?" Tobio looked to me for answers, but I couldn't answer him without spilling my biggest secret.

"Looks like your relationship isn't as great as you thought. Lovers are supposed to tell each other everything aren't they?" He smirked at Tobio probably thinking he had just struck a nerve.

"Shut the hell up! You don't know anything, and I told you he's not giving you any money, so leave!" Kageyama stepped forward and shoved the thug backward. I didn't like how this situation was developing. I needed to call for help. I pulled my phone out and clicked on Tanaka's name.

"Yo! What up shrimp? You and Kageyama coming up to the roof?"

"No, listen! That thug is back and him and Kageyama are about to fight. We're in the back courtyard. Bring the guys and hurry!"