Part 9

*Above, I posted the song that Shoyo sings for karaoke. I hope you like it. They are one of my favorite bands.  PS. There is a version of the song that is completely in English.

Akaashi's POV

I was thoroughly surprised when Hinata kept a hold of my hand as we entered the karaoke bar. It wasn't until he noticed a few employees and patrons looking our way that he pulled his hand out of mine. I was disappointed. I enjoyed holding his warm hand in mine. Was he embarrassed to be seen with me or was it because he didn't want to be seen as a gay couple? It was true that none of us knew his preference. I watched as he followed Kenma up to the desk to pay and obtain our own room.

Soon we all followed an employee, a girl around our age, down the hall to our karaoke room. She was purposely slowing down to walk next to Hinata. I frowned when I saw her smiling and obviously flirting with him. Hinata smiled politely toward the girl and thanked her once she took us to our room. We each ordered a drink and once again the girl lingered around Hinata.

"Could I get you anything else? You can have whatever you want." She said a little too suggestively. She added a wink for good measure, and I tightened my fist. I normally had a cool head, but my jealousy was getting the best of me. I wasn't the only one getting irritated either. Kuroo and Kenma looked disgusted at her blatantly obvious attempt to get Hinata's attention. I looked over at Bokuto, who was normally friendly with everyone he met. The look in his eyes was anything but amicable. That girl needed to leave now, before it was too late. I stood up and walked over to Hinata. I grabbed the menu out of his hand.

"Did you want anything else Hinata?"

"Umm, no. Just the lemonade."

I turned to the girl and pushed the menu into her hands. "We'll take the drinks and snacks we just asked for. Thanks." I didn't smile at the girl and my expression must've been chillier than I was going for, because she shuddered then bowed and quickly high tailed it out of the room. I turned my head to look at the other guys when I heard a round of applause. Kuroo and Bokuto were both clapping for my heroic display. If I had left it up to them, the girl would've left the room in tears. I looked at Hinata and he seemed confused by the sudden applause. I chuckled then took my seat by Bokuto.

Hinata's POV

I was happy when Akaashi had intervened with the karaoke attendant. She was coming onto me a bit strong, and I wasn't sure how to get her to stop. I smiled at her not wanting to hurt her feelings, but she wasn't a he. She also could never compare to any of the other volleyball guys that I knew and cherished. I was a little surprised when Kuroo and Bokuto started clapping as she left the room. Maybe she was annoying them as well.

"Who wants to go first?" Kenma asked in his quiet almost monotone voice. I was a little excited to sing. I had another secret that no one knew. At least this one wasn't a bad one. I was a good singer. I could probably try out to be an idol if I wanted, but that's not really my goal in life. I wanted to play professional volleyball and play on Japan's team one day. I smiled to myself as I looked over the song book. I of course was going to sing a song from my favorite band, ONE OK ROCK. That was a given.

"Do you see something you like Chibi-chan? You're grinning an awful lot over there." I looked up at Kuroo who had just asked. He was smiling at me. Not only did his white teeth seem to sparkle, but his eyes gleamed too.

"So bright!" I muttered.

"What?" Kuroo asked with a confused and crooked smile.

"Oh, I picked my song out, but I want to go last. I hope that's okay."

"Sounds good Hinata," Bokuto said as he put down the book of songs. "I'll go first!"

"Before you start, I just wanted to thank you guys for doing this for me. Also..." I looked down and played with my fingers nervously. When I looked up, they were all looking at me curiously, hanging on my every word. "I would like it if you all called me Shoyo, or Sho. I mean you can use your other nicknames for me, but you don't have to use my last name." Each of the guys grew a smile on their face at my words.