Part 19

Credit belongs to the artist. 

***Trigger Warning*** Mentions self harm briefly. 

Kageyama's POV

It's been an entire week since I last saw Shoyo. If he didn't show up at school today, I was leaving and going straight to his house. I'd even break down his front door if I had to. I just had a gut feeling that something wasn't right. I was at the front gate waiting for the tangerine when I saw someone with a smug face that I instantly wanted to punch.

"If it isn't Shoyo's boyfriend. Are you waiting for him? That's so cute," the thug smirked and walked up to me. "My name's Jiro and I'll be going to your school starting today. See ya later."

I noticed his uniform was the same as mine as he walked away. "What the hell?" I pulled out my phone and let the Hinata's simps group know that this guy was here and made sure to let Kenma know what his name was. When I looked back up from my phone, I saw an orange haired boy coming my way.

Hinata's POV

After finding out about my real parents, things just didn't seem to matter as much. I'd intentionally not clean up after meals and eventually I started to skip making them altogether. Koichi was pissed and at the beginning of the week he slapped me around a bit, but by mid-week he seemed to give up on the physical punishment since I wasn't giving him the reaction he wanted. Instead, he switched to straight up starving me. I was lucky to have bought the granola bars, but they weren't very filling, and the box didn't last long. By Sunday it looked as if I were wasting away and I worried a little at how I'd look to my friends at school, if he let me go back. I wanted to leave this damn house and run far away, but where could I go? I had no other family to take me in. The one I had now didn't even care about me. 

Sunday evening, I tried to pull myself together enough to convince Koichi to let me go back to school. I was hoping to somehow visit my real parents' graves after school. It was the only time I could think to do it. My nerves were fried after standing up to him. I was sure he was going to beat me to a pulp if I continued to argue with him, but for some reason he was in a decent mood and only found me mildly annoying. He eventually agreed to let me go back to school and even said he'd give me my phone back in the morning. There were a few problems though. I still had visible bruising on my neck and the cuts on my wrist weren't fully healed. I had hurt myself before, but I'd never done this much at one time. The other issue was that I wouldn't be alone when I went back to school. I was going to have a shadow from now on, which was unfortunate for me. If whoever was following me made it obvious, it'd be a little hard for me to explain to everyone.

After getting ready, I used my aunt's coverup to hide the bruises and then bandaged up my wrist. I went downstairs and found that Koichi had kept his word and had my phone sitting on the kitchen table. Not caring if I was punished later, I found some fruit and grabbed my phone, leaving the house in a hurry.

Kageyama was waiting for me at the gate. He had an irritated look on his face as he typed into his phone. "Morning." I said in a pathetic sounding voice. I had meant for it to come out sounding stronger, but I put all the energy I had into biking to school.

"Hinata! Good morn—" He stopped speaking after taking his eyes off his phone and getting a good look at me. "Hinata? You look horrible. You're so pale and did you lose weight? You were already too small to begin with."

"You sure know how to make a guy feel better." I muttered to him as I continued my way into the school.

"Sorry, I'm just worried about you. We all are." I only nodded in return.