Part 12

A/N 

I don't own any rights to any of the art I find on google and post here. I just like it and want to share it.

Hinata's POV

"Is it so bad that you can't even tell us?" I couldn't see who was talking because I refused to lift my head and look at the guys. It sounded like Akaashi though.

How could I possibly look them in the eyes when I knew the next words to come out of my mouth would all be lies. Even if I went with a partial lie, a partial lie is still a lie. I felt hot and dizzy, like my head was spinning. My chest felt heavy with anxiety. It was almost as if something was blocking my lungs from working properly. I inhaled a slow deep breath and exhaled it shakily. I had no other choice but to lie once again. I couldn't let them know what happened at home. If Koichi found out they knew, they'd be his next target and I could never let that happen. I brought my head up to find everyone's worried eyes on mine. Guilt hit me in full force, making me frown even deeper.

"I'm sorry guys. I've just had so much happen all at once. I'm upset that I can't play volleyball right now and it bothers me that I don't know when I'll be able to go home again. I have no clue when my family will be back." I added the last part to make sure they didn't think something else was preventing me from going home. "And now my mom..."

My mind went blank as I brought up my mom. The sound of her icy voice rang through my ears as an image of her cold, uncaring eyes popped into my mind. Was I ever going to be able to go back home and was I even wanted there?

"Shoyo?" I shook my thoughts away and looked at Tobio after hearing him say my name. "What about your mom?" I swallowed the little saliva I had left in my mouth. My throat was irritably dry and becoming a little sore. My nerves were getting the best of me.

"Oh... Well, my mom told me that from now on I need to find a job and pay for my own school fees and anything else I may need and want. I guess a spur of the moment trip to America and renovations really put a dent in my family's savings."

There was silence for a moment before I heard several sighs and sounds of relief. "What the heck shorty? I thought something bad was happening to you." I evaded Kuroo's gaze. His intuition was spot on but fat chance I'd tell him he was right.

"I think what Kuroo means is that he's glad something bad isn't happening. Not that getting a job and supporting yourself isn't a huge responsibility and stressor." Kenma thought he had to clear things up to make sure my feelings weren't belittled. I appreciated it.

"I'm just glad my number one disciple isn't in any major trouble." Bokuto smiled at me. His bright smile helped to chase some of my blues away. Looking around at each of the handsome guys around me I found that they sincerely looked relieved. I was happy to know that they cared so much about me, but ultimately, I was mad at myself for fooling them into thinking that everything was fine. I had to wonder if my secrets were ever unveiled, would they still stand around me smiling? I doubted it.

"You must be really worrying about this job," Tobio commented. I was being careless lately, letting my true emotions slip through. I needed to wear a steel mask and hold my feelings in tight. I took in a breath and then relaxed my body, putting on my best poker face.

"I don't know where to begin looking for a job and I don't even know what I'd be good at. Will I even have time once I can play volleyball again?" They were all quiet for a moment, probably thinking about my dilemma.

"I'd say you could work at one of my father's hotels, but I don't think there are any close enough to you." Kenma's suggestion was a nice thought, but it wouldn't work unless I lived near him.