Part 28

Hinata's POV

The guys ended up in several rock, paper, scissors battles to figure out the order of the upcoming dates. I decided to go off on my own and look around the house some more while they goofed around with each other. As I walked further from the living room the sounds of their laughter and shouting died out. I went back upstairs to look around again. I had been dragged around by Atsumu and the others so quickly that I barely had time to take a good look. As I passed the bedrooms and bathrooms, I noticed a closed door that I hadn't the first time around. I walked up to the door and twisted the doorknob only to find it locked.

I frowned. Why would every other door upstairs be unlocked except this one? I walked down the hall and around the corner to the master bedroom, which I assumed was meant to be mine, and took another look around. One thing I did notice about the room was that beside the gigantic bed, the other furniture had a bit of an older style compared to the other rooms. Maybe a key was left behind in one of the dressers. It was worth a shot. I began looking through the smaller dresser. I was stunned when I opened the first drawer and found neatly folded stacks of shirts. I pulled a yellow shirt off the top of the pile and held it up. It was my size. Someone had gone to the trouble of buying clothing for me, so I had spares in my own house. The thought of me owning this house made me feel a little weird.

I folded the yellow shirt back up and placed it in the top drawer again. I rifled through the drawers until I found a small white envelope at the very bottom drawer of the larger dresser. I took the envelope out and opened it carefully. Inside was a brass key and a folded note. I opened the note to read it.

Dear Shoyo,

As I investigated your parent's will and found that they had left this house to you, I realized that your parent's things had not been sorted through. I took the time and packed up their things and placed them in a room that only you will have access to. I hope that this room will help you learn more about your parents or maybe even help you find your childhood memories once again. Putting the room together was the least I could do for such an amazing person. Thank you for being in my son's life. (Welcome to the family 😉)

Love Chiyo Kageyama.

My eyes watered but I held the tears back. I was once again thankful for having Chiyo in my life. I pulled the key out and looked it over in my hand. I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. I shoved the key and note into my pocket. I would eventually share what I had found with the others, but I needed to discover what truths lay behind that door on my own.

Kageyama and the Miya twins came bursting through the door. "What are you doing up here tangerine?" They all looked around the room to make sure everything was alright.

"I wanted to have another look around. Atsumu didn't really give me a whole lot of time to check things out earlier." I smiled as Atsumu smirked.

"I was too excited for you to see the house and your room especially." He lifted his eyebrows up and down in a flirty manner that made me laugh. Osamu and Tobio lunged for him at the same time, leaving all three of them to pile up on the huge bed behind them.

"Not that I'm not interested in whatever foreplay you've got going on here, we should probably decide where we are all sleeping tonight," Oikawa said as he came in the bedroom and found the others all tangled up on the bed together. A serious smirk quickly grew on his face.

"Shut it Oikawa! I'd never do any sort of foreplay with Barry the bee here." Tobio shoved Atsumu off him and stumbled off the bed.

In response, Atsumu gasped dramatically and looked appalled. "Goody two shoes aren't really my type anyways." He stuck his tongue out at Tobio and Oikawa and I chuckled.