Part 3

Disclaimer * I DO NOT OWN ANY PICTURES I MAY POST. I FIND THEM ON GOOGLE!

Kageyama's POV

"Where is that boke?" I muttered as I checked my watch again. At this rate he was going to make us both late. Of course, I didn't need to wait for him, but I wanted to check on him this morning. When I told him I couldn't practice yesterday, he was so let down. I hated the sad look on his face. It gave me a strange feeling in my chest, and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I looked down the road and saw a boy with orange hair flying toward me on his bike.

The bike came to a halt in front of me and the school's front gates. "Oi! Boke, why are you so late!" I flinched when I saw how tired he looked then felt bad for yelling at him. "I'm..." I was going to apologize but was caught off guard when he passed me without acknowledging me. "Hinata, wait up!"

I followed behind the tangerine quietly as I tried to figure out why he seemed so out of it. He said nothing and walked to the lockers without a word. We changed our shoes and before I could finish Hinata had already left. What was his problem this morning? I shook my head and grabbed my things, running to catch up to him.

"Oi! Tangerine, wait for me!" This time he seemed to hear me. He stopped and turned around.

"Oh, Kageyama." He said like he was surprised, like he hadn't noticed me until now.

"Oh? What do you mean oh? I've been trying to get your attention since you got to school. What's wrong with you today?" He quirked an eyebrow as if what I said didn't make sense.

"Really? I'm sorry," He ran a hand through his hair and in that moment, I wished I were the one running my fingers through it. I remembered how soft his hair felt on my fingers yesterday.

"Come on boke, let's go before we're late." We made it to the classroom with only a minute to spare.

As we both made our way to our seats in the back of the room, someone bumped into Hinata, elbowing him in his side. I was surprised when Hinata cried out and hunched over, cradling his side. He looked like he was in a lot of pain, and it didn't make sense. They hadn't bumped into him that hard.

"Hinata! What's wrong? Are you okay?" It looked like he was gritting his teeth.

"I'm fine," he said, but I didn't believe him one bit. I walked over to him and lift his shirt to look at his side. When I finally got a good view of it my eyes grew wide in shock.

He had a big, ugly, dark bruise that started at his ribs and spread outwards. It looked painful and by the look on his face it was. He forcibly pushed me away.

"I'm fine Bakayama, geez. It's no big deal."

I looked at him like he was crazy. "What? You dumbass! It looks horrible. Let's go, I'm taking you to the nurse."

I grabbed his arm and started dragging him toward the door. He started to protest but I pulled him harder. The teacher walked in at that moment. I quickly told her I was taking Hinata to the nurse.

"How did you get hurt?" I didn't know if he'd answer me or not, because so far today he hadn't been acting like his normal self. Hinata pulled his arm from my grip and gave me an annoyed look.

"I got into an accident on my bike on the way here. That's why I was late."

"An accident! What happened? Are you hurt anywhere else?"

He shook his head. "No, it's just my side that got hurt."

"But if you fell-."

"I'm fine!"