Part 17

Found this pic of Kuroo and had to post. You're welcome   ; ) Someone get the holy water....

**Trigger Warning** Violence/Abuse and use of homophobic slurs. None of the step father's views on homosexuality are my own views.  <3 Love and Equality for all <3

Hinata's POV

I carefully opened the door and was shocked at the sight in front of me. My mom was on the couch, which was not surprising at all. The state of the living room is what shocked me most. There were beer cans, take out boxes with unfinished food, and trash littered throughout the room. I looked around the house in disbelief. Koichi hated a messy house and usually when I didn't clean, my mom covered for me. It didn't look like anyone had lifted a finger since I left. I was so busy looking at the disaster of a room that I didn't notice the imposing figure standing across the room.

"Good to see you still have some brains in that head of yours. Who knows what would've happened if you hadn't come home tonight?" The dark look in his eyes terrified me and the cruel tone of his voice sent shivers down my spine. "I'll let you live here again if you can follow my rules. First, you need to give me the rest of the money your mom gave you. It doesn't belong to her in the first place. Second, you're going to clean this house and keep it clean. I'm not allowing you to live here for free anymore. You need to earn your keep, so this house better be kept spotless." I looked around the room again and gritted my teeth. Why should I have to clean up this mess?

"Third, you're going to start spending less time with your so-called pals. I don't like how close you are to them. It's abnormal for boys to be that close to one another and I won't have any faggots in my house!" I flinched at the volume of his voice and then shook my head minutely at his stupidity. We were all good friends. Of course, we'd be close.

"We're just friends." I said as calmly as I could. I knew he hated when I talked back. He raised his hand like he was about to slap me, but slowly brought his hand back down and instead glared and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"I'll let you get away with that this once, but don't talk back to me again." I flinched and kept my mouth in a straight line. "Just friends huh? Do boys your age normally hold each other's hands?" I looked at him with wide eyes as he pulled out a picture from his pocket.

"This is you and your friends, right?" He asked with a disgusted tone. I looked at the picture in question. It was from my night out with the guys from Tokyo. Akaashi and I were holding hands, entering the karaoke bar. He also held out what looked like headshots of each of the guys that were there that night. Koichi knew what some of my friends looked like now. I didn't like that. I didn't like that at all.

I guess he could tell by the surprised look on my face that I hadn't expected him to see me like that. "Like I said, you'll be taking a break from your "friends" for a while. When I see that you're falling in line and acting like a normal teenage boy, then I'll let you return to school. If you don't listen, then I'll personally end your volleyball career."

I involuntarily shivered at his threat. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "What do you mean I can't go back to school? I need to, it's school. Plus, I just got a new job tutoring others."

"An idiot like you, tutoring other people? They're getting ripped off. I'll also be taking your phone away. I can't have you contacting the very people I'm trying to keep you away from." He held out his hand, but I could only stare at him. "Now Shoyo! Give me your phone and I want it unlocked."