Chapter 23

Rebecca's POV

      I was finally going home, well back to the hotel that we had been staying in since we arrived in LA. I loved my room, I mean it had a kitchen that I could cook in, well it was small but I still managed to bake cupcakes and brownies in it. I wish I could stay in here forever but we only have a few more weeks here before have to get on the move to kinda just build some hype for the tour. And they have somehow managed to persuade me to promote my book as well. Not at all the places and radio places but some of them. It seems as if my Publisher/Publicist and their manager and Publicist are working together.
        The boys didn't know I was back, they were told they had to get some stuff for me to wear when I left tonight, but that was the biggest lie I've ever told, as if I would trust them! But it was all so I could surprise them. I hated getting changed though, I saw the massive soon to be scar on my chest, yet another one to add to the collection. And people wondered why I hated showing my skin.
        I sat on the windowsill when I saw the boys had got in the hotel. I had managed to make my favourite brownies and was just waiting for them to open the door.
        "I can't believe we have to do this, she will kill us if we make her look like a twat" I heard Luke say and I couldn't help but reply to him.
        "Yeah and that's why one of your stylists picked out stuff for me." I said with a laugh, right away I was engulfed in a hug by four giant Australian idiots. I was still giggling. I missed being able to stand up and do stuff, especially baking.  "Oh I made some brownies if you want some." I smiled as soon as the words left my mouth they all went running. I have a feeling I'm not going to get any but the fact that I just saw them run faster than the speed of light was kinda worth it.
        "I thought I would get you one before we eat them all." Mickey said with a laugh. I could see he was holding about 4 so I knew they would be all gone by about now, so I was grateful for the one I got, even if they are moreish as fuck.
        I have no idea when or how he did it so fast but Ash had started a live steam and we were all sat around my laptop and talking to the Fam. Well I was talking to them, they were to busy eating brownies.
        "You see, this is what I get for making brownies, I make sure people want to stay friends with me,  but end up looking after all their other friends and trying to keep them entertained." I said with a laugh, and while I was talking my stomach made a sound that a dying whale shark would be proud of.
        "Hungry?" Mickey asked with a laugh. I just laughed at m own stomach amazed at the noise that it just made. He kindly gave me half of his last brownie because lets be honest who would give up the whole of their last brownie? We carried on talking random shit for a while until Ash decided to change the topic and put the spot light onto me.
        "You know what I just realized?" He asked us, we just shrugged our shoulders and looked at him. "We've been around you for weeks and have no idea what you novels about." Ash said with a confused look, and my heart sank. I've not told them for a reason, I didn't know how, my book was deep and was kinda personal.
        "Yeah, read us something from it." Cal asked I just looked at them petrified.
        "I... I can't just read you a section of it, I'm not allowed to share anything in the book." I said, so glad I actually came up with a reason why not to read it to them.
        "Then just read us the blurb." Mickey said with a smile. I took a deep breath and walked over to where my note book was and picked it up.
        "I haven't really finished it. I was leaving it till last. So it's not going to be that great." I said with a shaky breath. They just looked at me and nodded. I looked at the comments and they were going bonkers again but all saying stuff like "YAY" and "FINALLY". I guess it gave me the confidence I needed to actually read the thing. I took one last deep breath before reading.
        "New town a fresh start, well that's what James thought anyway. On his first day in his new small little town in the middle of the northern countryside he decided to go exploring the woodland area near his new house. What he didn't expect to find was a note from a girl called Cassie.
        But it wasn't just any note, it was a suicide note. She had given up on the horrid hand she had been dealt but had no one to give her final good bye to.
        She wrote letters all of the last year of her life. They kept her fighting. They gave her somewhere to vent. Somewhere where she could actually be herself and not have to worry about what people would think. Because they weren't just any letters, no they were Letters to No One." When I had finished I stopped to look at the others, hoping they would say something, anything would have been good, but everything had gone quiet, even the comments.