Chapter 24

Mickey's POV

        We all just sat there, stunned at what she had just read. The comments had stopped as I think she shocked us  all. I had no idea she could write like that. I wasn't expecting her novel to be like that. I was thinking the stereotypical female novel, you know, chic lit, not that. 
        "It's not the final draft. It still needs some work on paper and then some more work when I type it up. That's why I have so many note books that are filled with so many chapters that either got cut or re written so much that they aren't anything like each other." She said, it sounded like she was worried we hated it. She looked so worried and scared.
        "That's just a draft?!" Luke asked in disbelief. Finally breaking the silence that had filled the room. B's cheeks went bright red and nodded her head slightly.
        "Yeah, well it's the 20th draft but I just can't seem to get it to sound how I want it to." She looked at the piece of paper and the it was almost as if her eyes light up like a Christmas tree in December. She almost jumped of the bed sat at the little desk that was next to it and started scribbling away.
        "I think we've lost her guys." I said with a laugh as I looked over to her. She looked so happy with what was flowing out of her pen. The others just laughed and the comments we filled with cute things about B and a few saying they shipped us together. I just laughed and brushed them off.
        After a few minutes B came back over and joined in with the chat, acting as if she didn't leave at all. She had a cute little smile on her face and you could tell she was happy with what she had written. I couldn't help but look over at her every now and then while we were all laughing and joking.
        All of a sudden her phone went off. I don't know who called her but as soon as she read the caller ID she jumped off the bed again, answered it and then ran out the door, all we heard was a "Hello" before she was out the door. Her voice sounded full of worry and sadness. It sounded almost as if she had been waiting a while for the call to come. I just looked at the boys in confusion and they looked at me with the same look.
        "That girls is full of mystery and surprises, I swear one day she's going to come home with a kid." I joked, the others laughed. We carried on talking but all I could think about was what was so important to make her move that fast and not answer the call in the room with us. She really was a mystery.

Rebecca's POV

        As soon as I saw the caller ID I knew what the call was about. I had been waiting for it. The only thing is, I was wishing that it would never come...