23. Making Plans & First Kiss

"How did they even get in? And how did their scents just vanish into thin air? I don't get it."

Alexander let out a frustrated growl.

"You need to calm down son." Dad said, holding him by his shoulder.

"I am sorry dad. I'm just worked up a little bit" he apologized.

"What are we going to do?" Chase questioned.

"All nearby packs are also facing the same problem. They've lost a couple of wolves too" Ethan added.

"Mountain Light Pack has lost more wolves than others" Joseph piped in.

Soon all their gazes were towards me. Mom and dad stood at the other end of the room near the study table. Dad is on the chair and mom on the table. Ethan, Chase and Joseph are sitting on the couch on the right side of the room near the large window facing the training ground. Alexander is pacing around the room mumbling coherent words which I can't seem to comprehend. Jane is with the dead kid's mother. John is checking the patrol teams posted between the houses, orphanages and the elders. I sat on the chair next to the couch looking at the scene in front of me.

'He is not your family. The family wouldn't disown anyone. Nor would they bully. He didn't even care to understand your pain instead he called you a liar. So don't you dare feel bad for him' My wolf growled at me.

My heart raced at that. The bond lingering somewhere behind my mind. My wolf started nipping at me, angry at me for worrying about our family.

'Don't you think about them' Chase warned me through our link making me look at him.

I wondered how he knew what I was thinking.

'I know you better. So I know what your thoughts are right now?' he reprimanded me.

'I know you are right' I gave a small smile.

Just as we finished our talk I saw that Alexander was looking at me, more like glaring at me.

"He asked you something and you were zoned out" Ethan pointed out.

"I am sorry. I was just having a talk with Chase about the Mountain Light Pack" I explained.

"What is it?" Alexander probed.

"Nothing you need to worry about. She was just having an internal battle regarding her old pack. I just set her straight" Chase concluded.

Alexander simply raised his eyebrows in question.

'Can we talk about it later please?' I asked the Alpha through our link.

He was surprised that I linked him.

He nodded at me.

"On a serious note, all I can come up with is gather all the Alpha's and have a meeting with all the packs. Together we need to discuss what's to be done for the safety of all our packs. Since this is the first incident in our pack we are helpless. But that's not the case for the other packs. They might have gotten some clues from all the attacks they've been getting. Getting all the Alphas together might be the way to get to the bottom of this" I suggested.

"That's a good plan" Alexander agreed with me quickly followed by the others.

"But when can we arrange this?" Ethan asked.

"Well that's a good question," I said.

"How about this? We'll just call up few nearby packs and find out their status. And if someone needs our help we'll help them out. We need to assess the severity of this problem before we invite the Alphas because we need to protect her" Dad responded.