29. The Complicated Revealations

I slowly sit up. We were lying on the study floor after our vigorous activity.

"Where are you going?" Alexander asked, stopping me by my arms.

"We slept here. We need to go to our rooms before anyone catches us here," I suggested.

"Mate, if you think I will let you stay away from me after this, then you are extremely wrong. That's not happening. I need you near me, now and forever. You're stuck with me," he declared, grinning at me.

"You're being cheesy now. And here I thought, you were the Big Bad Alpha who doesn't know how to have fun," I teased him and slipped away while he was distracted.

"Catherine, I'm serious," he said, his tone soft but firm as he caught my hand again. "I don't care if anyone sees us now. We've finally marked and mated. This is real."

"I know it is," I said, looking into his eyes. "But there's a time and place for everything. We can't just let everyone find out like this."

"Why not?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "I want everyone to know. I want to announce you as my mate to my family. Just the close ones for now."

I hesitated, thinking about the implications. "Are you sure? Won't it cause a stir?"

"Let it," he said with a shrug. "I don't care about the stir. I care about you. And I want my family to know who you are to me. Can we do that?"

I nodded slowly, feeling the weight of his words. "Alright, but let's go back to our separate rooms for now. We can talk to our families later and then, after that, I'll move in with you to the Alpha quarters."

A smile spread across his face, lighting up his eyes. "Deal. But just so you know, every second we're apart will feel like an eternity."

I laughed, shaking my head. "You really are something else, you know that?"

"And don't you forget it," he said, pulling me into a quick, passionate kiss before letting me go. "I'll see you soon, love."

"See you soon," I replied, feeling a warmth spread through me as I made my way out of the study, already anticipating our next meeting.

As I walked back to my room, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of being by Alexander's side, facing whatever came our way together.

~~~~~

I slipped into my room, closing the door softly behind me. The moment I turned around, I nearly jumped out of my skin seeing Ethan and Chase waiting for me, their expressions a mix of concern and curiosity.

"Catherine, where have you been all night?" Ethan asked, his eyes narrowing slightly. "We've been waiting for you since the party."

Chase nodded, crossing his arms. "You just disappeared. Do you know how worried we were?"

"I... I'm sorry," I stammered, trying to gather my thoughts. "I didn't mean to worry you."

Ethan's gaze sharpened, and he stepped closer, looking at my neck. "Catherine, is that... is that a mark?"

My hand flew to my neck instinctively, and I could feel the warmth of the mark. "I... I need to see this," I murmured, rushing to the mirror.

The mark on my neck was unlike anything I had ever seen. It was an intricate design, glowing softly with a subtle luminescence that seemed to pulse with my heartbeat. The mark resembled an elegant crescent moon, surrounded by delicate vines that intertwined and spiraled outwards, their tips ending in small, radiant stars. In the center of the crescent, there was a tiny, intricate pattern resembling a wolf's paw, signifying my unique status as the white wolf and Luna.