21. Jealousy, Pranks, Shocks

I closed the door as I came out of the bathroom after a shower. I was all sweaty after the long run. I feel refreshed now that I showered. I put on my pj's and look for my phone but I can't seem to find where I kept it. Since the party started I haven't seen my phone. I partially remember putting it away when the guests arrived.

'Hey, when you get the cleaning crew, ask them to look for my phone. I seem to have lost it. I don't remember where I kept' I mindlinked Ethan.

'Sure thing' came his instant reply.

I cut off the mindlink, walked to my bed and laid down. I looked at the ceiling. All the events that took place today came to my mind.

Before I could think further, the sound of someone knocking on the door resonated through the room.

"Hold on for a moment" I voiced out.

I got into the bed, sat up straight pulled the duvet over me and got comfortable.

"Come in"I called out.

The door was pushed open, and Ethan came striding inside, in nothing but just his boxers.

"What are you doing here? I thought you might have slept already"

"Nah, I didn't. I was hoping to talk to you. I tried talking to you during the party, but someone or the other kept pulling you aside" he grumbled.

He laid down on my bed, putting his head on my lap, my fingers automatically found his hair, gently massaging his scalp. He closed his eyes in satisfaction, slightly mumbling how good that felt.

"You have magic fingers" he exclaimed making me chuckle at his comment.

"I know" I grinned at him, showing my teeth.

"Has everyone left? I hope Trent, Caiden, and Marco aren't mad that I didn't say goodbye. I couldn't you know. I miss them and I was not ready to do that again. Plus I was tired." I explained.

"They know and understand. They will do a video call tomorrow. So get ready to hear their complaints" he warned.

"But seriously, why were you looking for me?" I asked.

"Straight to the point huh?" he asked.

"Mhmm"

"It's just I saw Alex follow you to your room and you guys weren't out for a very long time. I was genuinely worried"

"Hey, that was just us talking. Clearing the air. You know me and him being an Alpha, I was a threat to him. I didn't want him to feel so. So we just went in and we talked, cleared the air between us. Now we understand each other. I guess. At least I do. Not sure about him" I rambled the last part.

"Ugh, you are rambling and that clearly means something" he pointed out.

"Nothing. It's just you are the third person who has talked to about this. Why are you all so worried that he might do something? He didn't and I don't think he is capable of hurting me" I stated.

"That's right. Whoever said that we were worried about you. We were actually worried that you might hurt Alex" he smirked.

"What the hell!" I squeaked and pushed him off me, making him fall to the ground, while I was on my knees, looking down at him. He groaned out in pain.

"Serves you right" I gritted out in anger.

"You are crazy, woman!" he exclaimed, getting up from the floor and sitting on the bed again.

I glared at him.

"Stop putting holes in my brain" he muttered.

"You stop talking idiot"