10. Keeping Secrets

I woke up to an empty house. It was dead silence. From what I know, this house was never this quiet. 

I wandered around the house to see if anyone was present and much to my dismay, I didn't find anyone. 

In the past four months, I have learned the routine of this household and if it was this place was deserted, then there was something serious going on. I was going to find out.

~~~~

I walked towards the packhouse from the house I stayed. It was Trent's summer house, where he stays when he wants to get away from Alpha duties. But ever since I came to the Nightfall Shadow Pack, he moved in with me and we are roommates along with his Beta Sam and Gamma Stephen.

One thing you should know about this trio is that they are worse than Ethan and me combined. Their pranks have made the pack members furious that the previous Alpha had them grounded even after they have been assigned the titles. You can imagine.

I was bought out of my thoughts when Lily, a 5-year-old girl came running to me.

"Caty" she cheered seeing me.

I stooped down to her level and held her shoulders.

"What is it, little princess?" I asked giving her a small salute to which she grinned.

"I am not supposed to tell you this but I can't hide it from you either" she pouted.

"And what might that be?" I asked slowly tapping my finger on my forehead acting as if I was thinking.

She shushed me with her finger on my lips and put her mouth next to my ears to whisper the secret.

"Alpha said I am not supposed to tell anyone, but I am sharing this to you because you are my friend," she said as a matter of fact.

"What might that be?" 

"They have added salt in your pancake. I saw them mixing salt instead of sugar and I saw them doing it. So they asked me not to tell anyone" she said.

"Can you not tell the Alpha that I told you the secret?" Lily asked with a hopeful expression.

"Of course not. This is a secret between us girls" I pinky promised her making her smile widely.

She quickly mumbled a goodbye and left to play with her friends who were waiting for her.

I smirked. I knew it. They were planning something. Let's see how you react when they see me tackling their prank and instead get pranked.

I smiled to myself and walked inside the packhouse. The living room was buzzing with full teenagers hurrying to go the school, while their parents trying to make sure they haven't missed their breakfast. Seeing this made me miss home. I can't wait to see mom and dad.

I hope they can come next week for the meeting.

There is a meeting for the Alphas from the neighboring pack regarding the rogue issue that started back at Black Stone Pack. We still haven't found the rogue who did it. Ever since that day, we have a monthly meeting in this pack, since this is the second largest pack after Black Stone Pack. And since Alexander is AWOL for now, Trent will be leading this.

Also, I am undergoing training and I have been getting stronger. Though I don't have my wolf, I am pretty strong. I have surpassed the training better than the warriors in their wolf form. And Trent says this is a good thing. Because it means that I have my wolf but she is dormant for now. He says exerting myself might help my wolf become dominant.

And I hope he is right. No matter what, I still feel I am an outcast since I am wolfless.

"There you are" Sam came towards me with his outstretched arms.