1

My mind went blank after I walked out of the café. Everything seemed to be stopped and I was a bit dizzy. I cannot believe what just happened. I started to walk away from him as fast as I could until I was out of his sight.

I wandered aimlessly for about an hour. I kept on walking until I felt extremely exhausted. My feet were hurting. I asked myself, "Where am I? I have been walking for a while without any thought." I looked around and saw unfamiliar surroundings with shops I never seen in my neighbourhood. All of a sudden, rain drops dropped on my cheeks. I sighed loudly, "Oh crap, it is raining and I forgot to bring an umbrella! Just great." I ran as fast as I can, trying to find the nearest bus stop in this unfamiliar places.

As I was running, my mind was thinking of something, "Hmm, something feels familiar. Something like dejavu." I wondered what it is. I ran faster as the rain poured heavily. I gasped loudly when I remembered the past incident, "Oh. I met Aaron on rainy days and I was wandering aimlessly too! Oh, no wonder it seems familiar." My mind trailed back to the memories on how I first met him, my first love.

Flashbacks of past memories came to my mind and I remembered the day I met him. It was such an unforgettable moment.

It was Saturday morning in the month of January. I was about to meet my best friend of 10 years, Johnny at the nearby café. Voices inside my head kept on telling me to just say what was in my mind for the past 3 years. 

"Just tell him how you feel, idiot" I whispered to myself.

With trembling hands, I opened the door in front of me. My world went silent and everything seemed to be stop. My eyes were searching for him and it landed at him. There, I clearly saw him with my own eyes that he is with another girl sitting beside him. They were laughing and whispering at each other.

I took a step backward and trying to run away until he called my name.

"Alice!?"

I took a deep breath, turn around and faced him with the most fake smile I ever made.

"Johnny? I don't notice that you're here." I replied.

"Yeah, I was here half an hour ago. Alice, meet my girlfriend, Jenny. Jenny, meet my best friend, Alice." He said, smiling cheerfully.

Ilooked up and saw a gorgeous young lady with silky shiny black hair, beautifuldeep blue eyes that resemble a deep blue ocean and dimple. She is the most  beautiful girl I ever seen. I shook my hands with her nervously.

"Hi, I'm Alice Clarke. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said, in a polite manner.

"Jenny Michaels" She replied shortly and precise.

Wow. How.. friendly. Not.. It is such an awkward silence after Jenny spoke. To ease the awkwardness, I turned to Johnny and spoke to him.

"So... Johnny, I didn't know that you have a girlfriend? Since ... when?" I asked

"Oh, yeah. Just about a month ago. It was a rush, to be honest. I completely forget to tell you. So sorry, Alice." He apologized.

"Oh. It is okay. Honestly, I am alright. It's just so sudden but I am happy for the both of you" I said.

'Liar. No you're not. The guy that I have a crush on for 3 years is taken!! Why would I be happy?' I thought to myself.

"Yeah. You are going to our university's orientation day tomorrow, right? Good luck on your first day. We should see each other and hang out if we have time tomorrow."

"Alice? Do u hear me? Alice? Are u okay" Johnny waved his hand in front of me. 

"Oh yeah. Just nervous about tomorrow." I said.

To be honest, I feel like I want to cry and just disappear from this café. So I excused myself and bid goodbye to my best friend and his girlfriend.

As I walked out of the café, I began to wander around the streets aimlessly without any destination to go to and kept on having flashbacks on how I met Johnny Smith. Johnny and I met at kindergarten. We were in the same class but we never talk until one day, when he came and approach me. I was a bit shy and quiet back then. I was all alone in the playground when all the other kids play around with their friends.

When Johnny first approached me and introduced himself, we instantly become good friends. I always enjoy his company until one day, during high school, we kind of drifted apart as he is a popular jock meanwhile I am just a quiet girl. I got jealous at how he doesn't pay attention to me or when other girls flirt with him. I was confused on why am I behaving like this. Then, I realised that I actually like my best friend. Since that day, I tried as hard as I can to not confess to him because I knew he will reject me and our friendship will be at risk.

Blinking my tears, I walked and walked until I felt raindrops pouring heavily and my hair soaked in rain and wet.

"Oh no, it's raining. Where am I?" I said to myself.

The rain poured heavily and there is no one in the streets. I was lost in an unfamiliar places. 'What am I going to do?' I quickly think and ran as fast as I could. That is my first moment of meeting him. Within a split second, I felt like I bumped into someone. THUD!!!

I looked up and saw a 5'8 tall guy, wearing cap and black hoodie. I could not see his face clearly but I remember his unique accent and the way he talks to me.

"What are u looking at? Am I that good looking?" he smirked.

"Um... what?" I mumbled.

"Huh. Girls these days. Can't even resist a good looking guy. Can't even leave me alone, do they?" he scoffed.

He then walked away and left me speechless. What just.. happen??? What a conceited guy. He is not even that good looking. Just kidding. I don't get the chance to see his face as it was covered with his hoodie. I can tell that he may be good looking but his personality is just... ugh. It's the worst. "I hate this kind of guy" I shrieked. I just hope that I will never see him again.

However, I am so damn wrong. The very next day was my freshmen day's orientation. As a socially awkward person, I am extremely nervous of this orientation. I am sweating and hyperventilating. I kept on imagining the worst case scenarios that might happen to me.

"Keep calm, dear Alice. Just breathe. In and out. Breathe" I said, trying to calm myself.

I went out of my share house, bid good bye to my house mates and walked to the bus stop. There, I saw, a few girls around my age were talking to each other, giggling and playfully hitting each other.

I walked towards them and sat at the farthest corner of the bus stop. I tried to look at their direction and my eyes stopped at one of the girls. 'Oh, it's Jenny. I should say hi to her since she's Johnny girlfriend and possibly may become my friend.' I said to myself.

I stood up and walked to the girls. I looked at Jenny, waving at her and greeted her. 'Oh, Hi Jenny. Are you going to the university too?' I smiled at her and her friends.

Jenny looked up and her friends started to look at me as well. It was as if they were scanning me and the outfit I was wearing for today.

"Jenny, do u know this ... girl... She looks a bit.. weird?" a brunette said while looking at me up and down. I looked at Jenny's face and cleared my throat to reintroduce myself again, just in case, she forgot who I am.

"Uh.. Hi, I am Alice, Johnny's best friend. We met at the cafe yesterday. "I mumble.

"Oh, right! Alice, Hi." she says awkwardly.