16

"Thank you, Jenny. You guys are the best. What did I do to deserve good friends like you two?" I smiled at both of them. Johnny smiled cheekily, laughing and replying, 'Maybe you can buy us a meal later when we go double date again.' I made an eye roll at him, replying 'Fine.' A few seconds later, I asked them once again for confirmation, 'Do you guys really think I should be more cautious around Mila?'

Johnny nodded at me. He said, 'Yes. I really think you should. Take your time until you are ready to have a talk with her. Whatever happens, we are going to support your decision, buddy.'

I bid them good bye. Talking to them really makes me think carefully. I sighed heavily and said, 'Let's just go with the flow and let time figure it out. I do hope I will be ready to reconcile with Mila and be a better person.'

A part of me really was curious on what happened to Mila. From my perspective, she looked quite upset and her eyes looked swollen. Perhaps it was from crying at night? I am not sure about that. That was just my assumption. However, I need to put myself first. I will have a talk with her later when I am ready.

I walked home and had a good rest for the day. At night, Aaron called me like usual and we talked how our day went. Our daily routine that I hoped will lasted forever and ever until we get married.

"Hey baby girl. How is your day today?" He smiled.

I took a deep breath, and began my sentence. I told everything that happened today. The issue about Mila's return. How Johnny and Jenny reacted. How I planned to encounter the issue.

I finished explaining everything to him for about 15 minutes, 'So. That's pretty much what happen to me today. First day back to university and it was hectic.' I sighed heavily. Aaron tried to calm me down, replying 'Oh baby. I wish I was there to be with you and help you. Don't worry. You did the right thing and always be confident. You are amazing.'

I smiled widely, feeling contented by hearing his voice, 'Your presence and advices are enough to help me, baby. I am doing fine and I am going to be strong. No more shy and vulnerable Alice Clarke.' With the help of my loved ones, I can be strong and powerful. Let's not forget to spread kindness to everyone including the ones who hurt us. I believed that people often make mistakes and the need of second chances.

My mood lighten up as I remembered my field trip, I smiled in joy and told Aaron about it, 'Oh and one more good news. I will have a field work at your hometown. So I think maybe we can meet up if we have time? I couldn't afford to go there a lot of time and this might be the only chance I can meet you.'

I could hear Aaron gasped. He then continued his sentence, asking, 'OMG, really? When is it? I need to see my schedule and make time for you. I really miss you.' I nodded in agreement, replying, 'I miss you too. I really hope I have a chance and enough time to meet you on that day. I am going there in 2 weeks.' He grinned from ear to ear and said, 'See you soon, baby girl. Can't wait to see you.'

I was so excited yet nervous. I have not seen him in months. I wondered if he gets much more handsome. Will we have a chance to meet on that day? I hoped everything goes well during the field work in the next 2 weeks.

"Finger cross. Let's not get too excited, Alice." I said to myself.

I continued talking to Aaron for the rest of the night, sharing our secrets and funny riddles like always. Aaron's riddles were ridiculous and funny at the same time. I wondered where on earth he came across these kind of riddles. 'That cutie fool. My idiot. I wouldn't trade him for the world. No. Never.' I said to myself as I listened to his random jokes once again.

The next day, I woke up, rubbing my eyes and yawned widely. I was so damn sleepy and began to reach for my phone which was at the corner of my bedside table. I looked at the time and it is already half past eight.