37

Ring! Ring! Ring! My alarm kept on ringing for a few times. I slept a bit late yesterday night. I groaned, and reached for my phone to turn it off. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time. My eyes widened as I knew that I may be going to be late for the club meeting. I quickly tossed my blanket and dashed to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower. I took a yellow t-shirt and blue jeans. I tied my hair up and put a light make-up on. I smiled and said, "Let's go!" I grabbed a quick breakfast and drove to the campus. 30 minutes later, I arrived and parked my car.

I walked to the faculty and entered the club room. I smiled as I saw my club members. There were 3 more members joining our Psychology club. The meeting took about 1 hour and a half. It ended just right on time. I smiled and said cheerfully, "Time to have lunch. I am starving." I hummed a song and went to the parking lot of the campus. I walked into the car and started the engine.

Ping! One new message from Felix. I opened my phone and read the message, "Hey, are you free? Let's hang out with me and the rest of our friends. We are at Mc Donald's now." I smiled happily and replied, "Yes, I'll be there in 10 minutes. I am starving." I drove there quickly as my stomach grumbled a few times during the meeting. How embarrassing. I hope no one heard that disturbing noises. Hahaha.

A few weeks passed and it was already December. Time really flies when you were preoccupied with schedules of meetings and classes. That's why being busy kept my mind off unnecessary thoughts. My stage of getting to know Felix ended and we decided to remain as friends for now. He seemed to be a great guy and will make another guy best friend for me. Just like Johnny and Jeremy. Felix understood my feelings for him and I was glad that he didn't take it the wrong way. I remembered the day I told him what I really think about my current situation and my feelings towards him. It was the hardest decision I ever made as it involved with breaking another person's heart and feelings.  

"I am sorry. I think I am not ready to fall in love. Everything you did reminds me of him and I would compare you with him. I couldn't do that to you. That's not right." I sobbed, breaking eye contact from him.

Felix patted my shoulder and comforted me, "Hey, Alice. It's alright. I totally understand your situation. I used to be in it too. I used to have a hard time to move on from my first love. I hope one day you will open your heart for another guy and let him love you and make you feel special. Maybe I am not the guy for you but I can always be your friend to cheer you up." I gave him a friendly hug and nodded in agreement.

Since that day, I realised that no matter how much I pushed my feelings for Aaron away, it just didn't go away. I just had to let time do all the work and enjoy my life for now. Let's not think about love for now. It had been only 5 months since my break up with him. Maybe I will find my true love in future. Let's just focus on my studies and get dean list and graduate. I will be graduating soon and will open a new chapter of my life. I really can't wait for that. I smiled widely by the thoughts of these wonderful things.

I smiled and arrived at Mc Donald's. I walked in and saw my friends sat at the corner of the restaurant. I walked towards them and sat next to Kathy. I smiled and asked them, "So what did you guys ordered?" Felix looked up at me and answered, "Well, I ordered big mac, Mila ordered Double cheese burger and the rest just arrived a few minutes ago." He then added, "You guys can order your food and come back here"' I nodded and went to the counter to order my food.

We chatted and hung out for about 1 hour. It was fun. Our friendship group consisted of 2 couples, 1 soon to be couple and an awkward potato who had a tough time to move on from her ex. I am so pathetic, right? Yes, the awkward potato is me. But, guess who the soon-to-be couple is? Drum rolled, please. It is Mila and Felix. Well, it is not confirmed yet. However, I had an instinct that either of them had a crush on the other person. I am going to take a wild guess and said that Mila has a crush on Felix.

I remembered the days when we were in middle school. I used to ask her what her ideal type is and she said, "I hope my future boyfriend is someone who had a butt chin and blonde hair. His eyes can be as deep as Blue Ocean. He must be athletic and gentlemen too." I am pretty sure that Felix is exactly 100% of her ideal type list. It was too good to be true. Things like this only happens in fairy tale and in movies. I decided that I am going to ask her later after our lunch finished. I smirked at Mila and she raised an eyebrow. I mouthed, "I have to talk to you later." She nodded and continued eating her lunch.

We bid good bye to each other and Mila called my name, "Alice! Can you drive me home? Since my house is in the same direction as yours and you said you wanted to talk to me." I nodded and led her to my car. I opened my car and started the engine. I headed to Mila's house.

Throughout the journey, we had a chat with each other. Mila looked at me and asked a question, "So why did you smirked at me and said you wanted to have a talk?" I giggled, wriggling my eyebrows and asked her, "So.. Do you have a crush on someone? Felix Hughes, perhaps?" I took a glance at Mila and she looked a bit flustered. Her face were as red as tomatoes. She stuttered a little when she replied to my question, "Umm. N..No. Hahaha. Why..w-would you think that?" I blurted, "Well, I remembered back in middle school and you told me your ideal type. From what I see, Felix has all of the characteristics of your ideal type."

Mila gasped and said, "I know right. I mean how this is even possible. I mean ideal type and perfect guys never existed in real life." Her eyes widened as soon as she realised what she just said. A few seconds later, she blurted "Um.. I mean no. He doesn't. Totally not my type." I laughed loudly as I find it amusing and said, "You do know that you are bad at lying, right? Well, both of us are bad at it. But you are a bit worse than me." I added, "Why are you denying it? Just tell him."

She cleared her throat, looking down and mumbled, "Well. I don't want you to be upset or make anyone think that I stole Felix from you. Since you knew Felix first, right?" I looked at her, widened my eyes and said, "Oh My God. Why would you think that way? I already told Felix about my feelings and how I still need time to move on from Aaron. I don't have feelings for Felix and I really think you guys would make a cute couple." I paused for a few seconds and continued my sentence, "I want you to be happy. You are my best friend. Don't be unhappy because of me." Mila nodded and she hugged me. She said, "Thank you, Alice. I want you to be happy too. Stop letting that stupid guy ruining your life. I hope you will let a guy in your life and be happy. It's your turn to be happy and build your fairytale story with your prince charming. Oh and I just want to give you a piece of advice. Don't take it the wrong way, though."

I nodded, listening to her intently. She then whispered to me, "Make sure you find a guy who looks better than Aaron. He seemed like a 5 out of 10 for me. You deserve way better than that." I gasped, hitting her back and said, "Mila! That's so mean! Don't worry about me. I hope I will find someone who is suitable for me. Maybe not now but in future." I added, "Now, go and confess to Felix. Tell me how it goes, okay?" Mila nodded and she quickly went inside her house. I smiled, turning on the radio and drove home.