22

We talked about our day and how my assignment goes. Aaron encouraged me to do at least a few paragraphs a day until the day of the submission. To be honest, one thing I liked about Aaron is that he always encourages me to do the things I like and find it enjoyable. He encouraged me to start writing stories when I told him how I used to write short stories during high school.

"Wow, that's amazing! You probably should start writing stories. Who knows? Maybe one day, my girl will be a famous author. However, the most important thing is I want you to be happy and enjoy whatever you decide to do." He said cheerfully.

I smiled, hearing his words, feeling touched, and said, 'Thank you so much. I love you so much. Yes I do agree. We should do the things we love. I will also support you in whatever you do, baby.'

It was such a great advice to everyone out there. Please don't ever give up in chasing your dreams and make it come true. I believe everyone has a dream and their strengths. You just have to unleash your potential and give it a go. What's ordinary to others is extraordinary to you.

Weeks passed and my birthday is only one week away. I had been busy with my assignments, online classes, my writing for my book and also watching Korean dramas. Let me tell you, Korean dramas were like a stress reliever for me. Before I met Aaron, I would watch an episode of drama a day. It is like a daily supplement I have to take. Sounds funny, right. But, what's funnier is that I would binge watching like 2 or 3 episodes a day ever since I started watching dramas with Aaron. That is because Aaron liked to binge watching and have a Korean drama marathon. But, hey, I am not complaining. This is one of the list of my ideal guy. Alice's no.1 traits of an ideal guy is like to watch drama together. I mean a couple needs to at least have something in common especially in television shows.

It was Saturday night and I just finished binge watching a few episodes of Korean drama called Itaewon Class. I wa about to turn off my laptop and I heard my phone riniging. Aaron immediately callled me right after we finish our Korean drama marathon session.

"Baby girl. I really don't like that second lead guy. Like how could he actually act like that, right?" he said. I nodded and said, 'Yes, I can't believe it. I really didn't expect that he was the one who did that.' And we talked about the drama plot for hours until Aaron talked about somewhat a serious topic regarding our future life together. A part of me was excited as I never talked about this kind of topic before and a part of me is curious on what will happen in future. Will it be as per what I expected it to be or better than what I imagine? All I need to do is pray for the best and entrust God all my life affairs.

"So.. I was looking at furniture, house rents and all that kind of essential needed for a newlywed couple. Can you think of anything that could be add in the list? I might look like a rush or anything but I like to plan and be organize. You know how I am, right?" He said.

I smiled, impressed with his actions and straight forward attitude. I replied, 'Yes, I am totally fine with your plan. Hmm have u list the things that is essential for us as soon as we get married?' He replied excitedly, 'Yes, I do. I want your opinion in this as we will be living together in the future.' I smiled widely and said, 'Okay, let's discuss this in more details. I really think that we need to buy the basic furniture such as sofas, bed, wardrobe, washing machine and all the cooking equipment because I want to cook for you every day.' He laughed and said, 'Yes, I do agree with you and how sweet of you, baby. Talking about the future really makes me excited.' Throughout the call, my heart fluttered as he kept on talking about this topic in more details. We talked about it for hours and fall asleep without even ending our call.

Another week passed and my birthday is only one week away. Aaron told me that he already found a suitable necklace for me. However, there might be a little delay for it to arrive. I was so excited even though I will not get the gift on my birthday. I did ask him what does the necklace look like but he is being so secretive.

"So, what type of necklace did you buy for me?" I asked.

"Well, I am not telling you that. It won't be a surprise if I tell you that." He said, cheekily. I rolled my eyes at him and nodded. Fast forward and it is only a few hours left for my special day. Straight at 12o'clock in the morning, Aaron sent a long wish of happy birthday to me. He also reminded me to be alert at 1 o' clock in the afternoon. I furrowed my eyebrows and typed, 'What did u mean by that?' He then replied, 'You'll find out later.' I wondered what he means by that. A part of me was excited and another part of me was curious on what's going to happen tomorrow.

The day finally came and it is 1 pm. Ping! I received a message from an unknown number. The message stated, 'Hi, I am from a special delivery center, I have a gift to deliver to your address. Can you send me the location of your home via WhatsApp?' My heart was beating so fast and wondering is this the surprise Aaron talked about yesterday. 'Is this what Aaron mentioned about?' I mumbled to myself. I put in my location and sent it to that number.

20 minutes later, I got a call from that number and a woman came to deliver my gift. It was a basket full of flowers. It is not just any flowers. It is full of my favourite flower, sunflower. There was also a vase of chocolates as well. There was also a note from him. I picked up the note and read it, 'Happy birthday. I hope you have a beautiful day on your birthday with your loved ones.' I smiled when I read this note. To be honest, I never received this kind of gifts and note before. This is enough for a gift. I had no words to describe this feeling. It was such an indescribable feeling. I smiled from ear to ear and my mom teased me about it, 'Wow, I have never seen my daughter so happy like this.' I blushed, embarrassed of myself.

I put the gifts in my room and immediately snap a picture of the gifts. I reached for my phone to chat him and telling him how I feel. 'Omg. Is this the surprise you have been telling me yesterday? I don't know how to say it but thank you so much. I really didn't expect this at all. You really make me shock but in a good way. You don't have to give me extra gift because my necklace might arrive next week.'' An hour later, he replied, 'Anything for my girl. I could not bear to see that you don't receive anything on your birthday. So, I searched for a surprise delivery center near your area and contact them.'

I felt so elated and smiled happily throughout the day. I replied, 'Thank you so much, baby. This is the best birthday celebration I ever had.' He replied, 'Yes, but next year, we are going to celebrate our birthday together and also our anniversary.' He then added, 'Hey! Let's get married on your birthday next year. There is a chance that I will always remember our wedding anniversary too since it is the same day as your birthday.' I joked and said, 'Does that mean I will get two gifts meanwhile you will get only one?' He replied, 'I check the calendar for next year and your birthday is on weekends. So, it is a suitable day to get married.' I laughed and nodded, 'Okay, I agree and let's discuss it in further details in future.

"Oh, and one more thing. Before I almost forgot about it, let me sing you a happy birthday song for you. Just like how you did last year for my birthday." He spoke. He brought his guitar and winked at me. I blushed and rolled my eyes at him.

He strummed his guitar and sing the usual happy birthday song. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to my beautiful girlfriend. Happy birthday to you. He then exclaimed, 'Alice Isabella Clarke, I love you to the moon and back.'

I gasped, and smiled instantly, 'Hey u actually say my full name. Wow, that's cute. Yes, I love you more, Aaron Shane Marshall.'

I took a lot of selfies with the gifts I received from Aaron. I just realized that there is a saying engraved on a vase containing flowers and chocolate.

The saying states, "Some rabbit loves you." I smiled and giggled while looking at the words. Aaron knows that I love rabbit so much and he even agrees that we should have rabbit as our pet in future.

For the rest of the night, we spent our time together for my special day. We video called for hours and Aaron made a lot of funny faces just to lighten up our mood for that day. It is a precious memory that I want to keep forever in my mind.