45

It was already Saturday which is my university best friends' Kathy and Jeremy wedding day. I will be one of the bridesmaids of her wedding along with my two other best friend, Jenny and Mila. I woke up due to my alarm ringing for a few times. I groaned and took a look at the time. My eyes widened and I gasped loudly, "Oh my God! I have to quickly get ready now or else. I cannot be late or Kathy will kill me!" I quickly went to the bathroom and took a shower.

20 minutes later, I got out of the shower and pulled out the dress. The bridesmaid's dress for Kathy's wedding. It is a sleeveless peach coloured dress. It also has a glitter on the edge of the dress too. I put it on and combed my hair neatly. I pin my side bangs hair with a hair clip to make me look neat and presentable. I did my makeup natural and light. I walked out of the house and drove to the wedding hall. I buckled on my seatbelt and exclaimed, "Let's go and eat lots of food too!"

1 hour later, I arrived at the hall. I parked my car and entered the hall. I looked around, admiring the decorations of the wedding. A few minutes later, I saw Jenny and came towards her direction, "Hey Jenny! You look gorgeous." I said to her. She turned around and hugged me, "Well, you look pretty too. I cannot believe our friends are getting married. Time flies, right? We just graduated last year and now some of our friends are getting married." I nodded and smiled at her, "Yes, we are growing up pretty fast. Where's Kathy? We should go and helped her if she ever needs our help. That's what bridesmaid are for, right?" Jenny nodded and both of us were about to head to the bride's make up room until I heard someone called my name. "Alice! Wait up!" I turned around and saw Mila. I waved at her and greeted her, "Hi Mila! Come on, let's go and see Kathy." Mila linked her arm with me and exclaimed cheerfully, "Let's go see the bride."

We knocked the door a few times. A few minutes later, I heard Kathy's mother said, "Come in." I opened the door and immediately saw Kathy in a beautiful white dress. She looked stunning and glowing. She looked so happy and her face looked pretty than she usually does. She is literally glowing in happiness and joy. Is this what it feels like to get married to someone you love and live together forever? I hoped I will be experiencing this in future. I smiled, looking at her and said, "You looked stunning, Kathy!" Kathy smiled widely from ear to ear, hearing my compliment and replied, "Alice, thank you so much! You looked really pretty today. Both Jenny and Mila look pretty today as well. My beautiful bridesmaids." We had a group hug, the four of us.

Mrs. Gomez interrupted us and asked us a question, "How about you girls take a picture with her. After all of you look so pretty with these dresses." We broke in laughter and all of us nodded. Mrs. Gomez took a few pictures of us.

It was already time for the wedding. The three of us, the bridesmaid were giving Kathy emotional support and encouragement for her big day. Kathy's dad came in and said, "Come on girls, let's get ready. It is time to walk in the aisle." The three of us walked out of the room and walked towards the hall sitting at our reserved seats. 10 minutes later, Kathy walked in the aisle with her dad by her side. I looked at Jeremy's reaction. His reaction was priceless. He smiled brightly, amazed by her beauty and his eyes sparkled in joy as he only looked at her. I could tell that their love was really true and that really inspired me to find my Mr. Right.

1 hour later, it was time for the most important thing of the wedding. It was time for the bouquet toss. Being a foodie, I was about to head to the table and thinking what should I eat next. All of a sudden, Jenny grabbed me by the arm and asked me, "Alice, where are you going?" I looked at her while raising my eyebrow, "Um... I am going to eat for another round. Why?" Mila interrupted us and said, "Alice! Now it is not the time for food. It is time to catch the bouquet, you dummy. Come and join us." I was about to reject their request but they dragged me with them. I sighed loudly, uninterested in whatever is going on here. So, I stood there behind all the other women crowded in one place.

There were about 15 other women who joined the bouquet toss event. Kathy shouted and did a countdown, "Here I go! Three. Two. One!" She tossed the flower bouquet and almost everyone put their hands up trying to reach the bouquet. I tried to at least pretending to catch it and guess what? I did end up catching it. I was reaching my hands up in the air and the bouquet went towards my direction. I caught it. My mouth went wide open and I immediately closed it. I was a bit shocked and the other girls turned around and looked at me. I mumbled to myself, "Wow. What are the odds of me actually successfully caught it.?" It was such a surprise because I was not a good at catching things especially during sports. Mila and Jenny came towards me, hugging me. "Congrats, Alice! Wow, you actually caught the bouquet."

Jeremy and Kathy along with Johnny and Felix came towards the three of us. They looked at me and congratulated me. "Looks like we know who's going to get married next in our group." Johnny said in a teasing tone. I rolled my eyes and said, "Guys! Stop teasing me! It was just a luck. Pure luck." Johnny teased me once again, "Is it? Or is it fate?" I made a pout, unable to answer him. All of them laughed and we had a pretty good time catching up with each other. It was such a good day for me. The 7 of us took a lots of group photos together and Jeremy said to us, "One couple done. A few more weddings to go! Make sure all of us are invited and let's keep in touch forever, you guys!"