4

I don't want my parents to worry about me anymore. I tried to be brave to face Mila and her new friends tomorrow. I really hope so.

A few days passed, I stay at home and pretend to be sick just because I didn't want to go to school. Johnny came by my house and called me a few times during the past week. I ignored him, scared to trust anyone yet. I crawled up my bed and covered myself with blankets.

My mom knocked the door and put my dinner by the table.

"Alice dear, what's wrong? I know you're not fine." She said

"Mom, just leave me alone, please.." I whispered.

"Dear, the school called, you have been missing a lot of classes and home works."

"I'll... go.. tomorrow." I said

"Are you sure? Can you tell me what's happening?" she asked.

"Nothing, mom. I'm just feeling sick and now I'm better!" I answered cheerfully.

The next morning, I woke up and went to school. As I went towards my classroom, I saw a lot other girls from my class and also other class whispered to each other. I tried to be friendly and smiled at them. They smirked at me and continued to whisper to each other.

I went to my classroom and sat on my chair. Mila was there hanging around at the other girls' table talking and laughing at each other. I looked at them from afar. Johnny then came and sat in front of me.

"Why aren't you picking up my calls?" he asked, worriedly.

"Just.. Can't be bothered." I replied.

"I know what happened between you and Mila." He said.

"You knew?" I said.

"Yeah, people around school are talking about it. They said you practically beg her to become her friend and manipulate her. She also told the whole school that you are an obsessive maniac. But I know that's not true. Because I know you." He scoffed while looking at Mila's direction.

"I... I.. don't know what to say.." I blinked.

Tears coming through my eyes and I quickly wiped it away.

"I knew she seems a bit sneaky when I first met her." Johnny hissed.

"How... I'm so.. shocked..." I whispered.

"Instinct, I guess. Don't worry, I'm always here for you. Best Friends Forever." He smiled.

"Yeah..." I replied.

My heart skipped a beat and I think that was the moment I started to fall for my best friend, Johnny.

Johnny and I hang out during lunch most of the time except when he had football practice. I sat at the bench near the stadium when Johnny was busy.

I would see him playing soccer with his teammates and they would always tease us being close to each other. Johnny would always deny it and I secretly feel sad knowing that we could never be more than just friends. However, I am glad he stays with me until high school. He is such a good friend and will always be important to me.

"Aliceeee.. Earth to Alice...?" Kathy shook my arm.

"Huh.. what?" I blinked, looking at her confusedly.

"We're here already. Let's go!" Kathy then reached for my hand and dragged me out of the bus.

"What were you thinking when we were on the bus? Is it about your future boyfriend?" Jeremy wriggled his eyebrow.

"N..No.. Not in a million chance. "I scoffed and hit Jeremy playfully. Kathy walked in front of us and stopped all of a sudden. She turned around, looking at me and pointed at you-know-who.