20

"Do you saw the news yesterday? Apparently, the case is getting higher each day and spreading fast. I wonder how we are going to go to class." Jeremy said.

Mila nodded and then she replied, 'I heard that we are going to be in a national lockdown on 18th March. I don't know probably we going to have online class. Maybe?' Kathy nodded in agreement, replying, 'I think so too. It might be the best way to flatten the curve of this virus.' I joined their conversation and talked about the current issue in more details. 10 minutes later, the professor came in and began his lecture. The lecture went well like usual and the professor ended his lecture with an announcement saying that all classes starting from tomorrow will be conducted online until further notice.

"Wow, I wonder if online classes are stressful or not. Well, finger crossed then." I said to myself.

I walked out of the lecture hall, ready to head home. My phone vibrates and it is an incoming call from my mom. I answered the call.

"Hello, mom. How are you?" I asked.

"Hello, darling. So, we already discuss this in our family group chat yesterday and I was wondering when will be the suitable time to pick you up? Since, the lockdown is 18th March, right?" She said. I nodded in agreement and replied, 'Yes, sure mom. Maybe pick me up at 5pm. I need to bring some of my stuffs here to home.'

I looked at my watch on my left wrists and it stated that it is 1 o'clock in the afternoon. 'Okay, I still have time to get lunch and pack up my stuffs.' I said to myself. I made a right turn to the café first then go straight to my share house. 'Hmmm, what should I eat? Korean food? Something spicy?' I said to myself. I ended up buying spaghetti meatballs and orange juice. I hummed happily and went home.

I spent half an hour eating my lunch while watching dramas. I stretched my body, getting up and clean the table before begin packing up to head home. 'Okay, let's get started.' I said, smiling. Emily and Felicia already went home yesterday since they didn't have any class today. Nancy is also going home this evening just like me. I opened my suitcase, putting my clothes, books and other essential items in it.

It was 15 minutes to 5 o'clock in the evening. Nancy was waiting for her dad to pick her up. She brought her large pink suitcase along with her cactus. She really enjoyed watering her cactus and taking care of it. She smiled, looking at me, saying, 'Well, I'm off now, Alice. Stay in touch and hopefully, we get to meet soon in our share house after the quarantine period is over. Stay safe.' I nodded, smiling at her and replied, 'Yes, we really should. Hope everything will be alright soon. Stay safe as well.' 15 minutes later, my dad arrived and I headed home which is about 50 km from here.

1 hour later, I arrive home and get a text from Aaron, 'Have you arrived home yet? Call me when you arrive.' I smiled, laying down and dialing for his number.

"Hello baby. I just arrive home and how sweet of you sending me a text an hour ago. Sorry, I didn't reply to it as I was busy chatting with my dad." I pouted, feeling bad.

"It's alright. So how was the journey? Stay safe. I also will be working from home starting from the lockdown period, 18th March." He said.

I smiled and said, 'Wow, that's good. That means, you can sleep. Since you really do like sleeping.' Aaron laughed and said, 'Yes and I also get to spend time with you during this quarantine.' I giggled loudly, saying 'Well then, I can't wait to spend more quality time with you during this quarantine.' He replied, 'Let's do exciting activities together and live to the fullest every single day of our quarantine days.' I nodded, smiling agreeing with what he said. We spent an hour and a half talking on the phone until my mom yelled at me for not taking a shower and eating dinner. I laughed and quickly ended my call with Aaron.