New Kid Pt. 2 || Georgenotfound

{Requested by @UrLocalTrashBinUwU}

George's POV

"Where's Y/n?" I ask, dropping my tray on the table and taking my, now usual, seat next to Luke.

It's been around a month and Nick and Y/n have really helped me settle in with the new environment, even introducing me to their friends and taking me into their inner circle.

I looked around again. Y/n would usually sit on the other side of me, but she wasn't in her normal spot today.

"Talking to the basketball team." Clay answers casually, throwing a chip in his mouth.

"Oh... why?" I ask, pushing around the rice in my bowl.

"Ok buddy, calm down, you're girlfriend is just talking to them." Nick laughs, tossing some of his popcorn at me.

"I was just asking! And she's not my girlfriend!"

"But you wish she was?" I turn to the female sitting next to Clay.

"Cara!"

"What? Am I wrong?"

I scoffed, looking back down at my plate.

"Ugh, those idiots." Y/n complains, taking her usual seat.

"What happen?" Niki asks.

"I literally just wanted to ask them if coach washed their jerseys already or if I have to."

"You do their laundry?" I ask, my face twisted in confusion and slight disgust. Any teenage boys athletic wear must be rank.

"Yeah, I get volunteer hours and an extra elective credit." She sighs.

"So I guess you have to wash them?" Clay asks.

"I don't know actually, they only pester me about Andrew and tell me to take my shirt off so I didn't get an actual answer. And Sam isn't with them so I can't even ask him." She drops her head on the table, turning to me and giving a weak smile.

I return it as Clay speaks again. "They're still bothering you about Andrew? It's been like a year."

She notices my confused expression as the name is brought up again. "My ex." She explains. "And yeah, I guess I'm still the asshole for dumping the guy who cheated on me."

"Is that what they tell you?" I ask.

"Nah, they're just nosey and like annoying me."

"Don't they have their first game, like tomorrow?" Karl decides to join the conversation, glancing back at the table of taller-than-average guys eating.

"Yeah, which is exactly why I need to know if I have to put the jerseys in tonight or if it's already done." She sighs again.

"I have gym next, I'll check on them and text you." Luke offers. She smiles at him, nodding gratefully.
"So, you guys coming tomorrow?"

"First game of the season? I'm in." Nick agrees. Most of the group follows along. "George?"

They all turn to me. "Uh- yeah, sure."

I followed the group into the large gymnasium which was already packed with parents, students, and teachers alike.

Instead of sitting on our side of the gymnasium, our group started walking towards the opposing teams side of the gym.

The group consisted of Clay, Nick, Luke, Karl, Alex, Cara, Hannah, Niki, Sylvee, and me. I followed without questions and sat with them behind where the teams and shot clock were lined up along the side of the court.