Chapter 14: Stay...Please?

(Paul's Pov)

After I made my separate way from Naomi and her pathetic little group of friends, I'm not gonna lie it was a lot quieter without her around and I honestly couldn't stop thinking about her...It was interesting really because I didn't know a simple girl like her would make me feel such a thing...Hmm.

Once I made my way to Solaceon Town, I didn't do much but train my pokemon for my next Gym Battle. I made sure to heal my pokemon, stock up on supplies and get myself a hotel room for a couple of nights that I would be staying here...to be honest, part of me wondered how Naomi was doing...interesting.

When I went to sleep that night, I got woken up my phone going off. I was a little confused if not angry at who would be calling me at this hour but once I looked at the Caller ID, I knew I had to answer...it was Naomi which meant it couldn't be good. I answered and was a little bit irritated that she woke me up, but once I heard her sniffle it sounded like she was crying...She doesn't do that unless something bad happened.

My heart raced a bit as I sat up and rubbed my face tiredly. I asked what happened but all I could hear was her choking on sobs which made my heart sink a bit. I asked where she was in which she replied with on the bathroom floor. I was worried she went off and hurt herself again but she said she didn't and was only thinking about it.

She told me she had a nightmare about how everyone in her life abandoned her and that she should just kill herself thinking we would all be better off. I sighed as I hopped out of bed, put on my shoes and grabbed my bag. I asked what city she was in, which thankfully she was in Hearthome City which wasn't far from Solaceon Town. I asked her if I should come over but she was hesitant due to it being so late but I honestly didn't care...

I couldn't go back to sleep anyways thinking that she might hurt herself again...From the look of past wounds, any one of those could've resulted in her dying...She's so close to hitting veins and bleeding out...I can't let her do that...She means too much to me and her pokemon. She eventually agreed to me coming over as I quickly headed out of the hotel and made my way to Hearthome City.

When I got there, I headed to the hotel she was staying at and found her standing outside. She looked at me before running into my arms...I guess it was pretty serious because she was completely shaken up by it. She started to cry once more which made me cup her cheeks and wipe them away telling her not to be pathetic and cry again.

We eventually headed back in the hotel where I got my own room. Me and Naomi made ourselves comfortable on the bed before I told her that her nightmare wasn't real and that everything that happened wasn't true. I told her that her that her friends and I care about her and wouldn't hurt her like that and that her pathetic family wasn't worth her tears or her hurting herself.

She looked at me and smiled which made gently cup her cheeks and wipe the remaining tears away. I then gently held her chin before pressing a sweet and gentle kiss upon her soft and salty lips. I pulled away leaving us breathless as I went on to tease her. She went back to being snarky before thanking me for making her feel better.