Chapter 10: Tears

TW: Talk of sexual assault/rape
______

The rest of the night went perfectly. You met Sandra, or Sandy, as her friends like to call her, and you didn't freak out. You may have been squeezing Cate's hand to oblivion the entire time under the table, but not visibly showing nervousness in front of America's sweet heart was a win for you.

At one point, you dragged Cate to the dance floor. The bar was playing a mix of everything under the sun, and when a country song came on, Ain't Nothing Bout You, you knew you couldn't miss the opportunity.

You practically pushed Cate out of the booth when you heard it, not giving her any time to object. You were in a crowd of people, but still, feeling safe in Cate's arms.

Your arms wrapped her neck at first, her hands roaming all over your body. Your hips moved desperately to the music, as you sang to the blonde in front of you. She had never heard the song before, but a smile never left her face as you let loose for the first time in a long time.

You sang.

The way you look, the way you laugh,
The way you love with all you have,
There ain't nothing 'bout you that don't do something for me
The way you kiss, the way you cry,
The way you move when you walk by
There ain't nothing 'bout you
That don't do something for me

All of the words in the song rang true when just thinking about Cate. Her eyes could melt a heart like no other, her laugh being one that could cure cancer. Just the thought of her made your entire world light up.

You turned around at one point, dancing against Cate. Your back melting into her front as you grinded through the beat. You put your hands into the air reaching for the back of her head as you moved. You leaned your head back on her shoulder and pulled her face into your neck. She peppered kisses on nearly every inch of the delicate area.

This made you wild, pushing your ass further into her groin area. You heard her moan lightly into your ear when you did so. A smile creeped on your face as you kept the same pressure, and her hands found your waist, pulling you further towards her.

She whispered in your ear, "This is now my favorite song."

You turned around to face her, your arms wrapping around her neck bringing her face inches from yours. This time, she was the one to close the gap. First, she kissed your forehead, then your nose, and finally your lips.

Cate shrunk the proximity of the rest of your bodies by grabbing below your butt on the back of your thighs and pulling you forward. You quickly readjusted her hands positioning on you. Cate was certainly a gentle-woman, not threatening to cross any boundaries that would make you uncomfortable.

You took both of her hands and guided them to rest completely on your butt, even letting her hands squeeze on the soft area.

All the while your kiss remained locked. It was close-lipped, neither pushing to enter each other's mouths, as it was a more of a moment to relax with another, relax in to the happiness you both were feeling.

The first kiss your shared earlier was short lived, leaving you unable to absorb every fine point of the moment.

You noticed that her long and thin pink lips were sweet as honey, yet creamy like milk. A spine-tingling sensation met your lips every time her mouth reattached to yours.

You wanted to live in that sensation for the rest of your life. You wanted to be the one greeting those lips at the start of every day, morning breath and all. You wanted the soft touch of her mouth on your forehead when you were having a bad moment. You wanted the tear stained kisses after a bad fight. You wanted your lips on hers in the middle of the street during a rainstorm.