Chapter 38: Noted

"Baby, I love you so damn much, but please please let me sleep," you whined groggily, as the blonde was attempting to drag you out of bed.

"I told you we were going to watch the sunrise this morning, so it's either you put clothes on or you go naked. I don't really care either way, but we're leaving in ten minutes," she returned very matter-of-factly, turning on the lamp.

You groaned, lifting up your head slightly to find it was only 5:30 in the morning.

"Come on, let's go," she demanded, hitting you in the head with a pillow.

"You're annoying," you mumbled, grabbing the pillow and burying your face in it. "I'm so tired."

"If you're dressed in the next three minutes, I'll fuck you on the beach," Cate reasoned enticingly.

You immediately jumped up, throwing the comforter to the side. You heard Cate chuckle as you sprinted past her and into the walk-in, hastily pulling on some leggings and an oversized crew neck, not even bothering with underwear or a bra. You slipped on your slides and messily tied your hair up, dashing back into the room to find Cate sat at the end of the bed. You stopped right in front of her, standing between her parted legs.

"Good girl," she whispered, reaching up to hold your cheek and lightly pecking your lips.

You draped your arms around her neck, "Mmm, caramel."

Cate simultaneously moved both of her hands to grip your ass. "I thought I'd try a new coffee creamer AND I have a mug of hot chocolate waiting for you downstairs."

You grinned, giving her a lengthier kiss this time.

"I still hate you for making me get up this early," you muttered against her lips before pressing them together again.

"You love me and you know it. Now, come on," she insisted, smacking your ass.

You moved your tongue across your bottom lip and rolled your eyes before complying. You turned around, another harsh slap landing on your backside as you walked away, Cate following closely behind.

"Don't you know that shit HURTS," you playfully complained, massaging the stinging area.

"Let me rub it for you," she whined, making grabby hands at your butt.

"No!" You exclaimed with a laugh, picking up your pace to separate yourself from her as you went down the stairs.

You walked into the kitchen, reaching to take hold of the two mugs but Cate raced over to do so first. "I've got it, love," she insisted, kissing your temple.

You smiled as she proceeded to lead you to the garage, opening the door to reveal an already running and warmed up car. She strolled to her gorgeous red Mercedes, popping the passenger side open for you.

"Thank you, beautiful," you said softly, Cate ensuring all of your limbs were safely inside before closing the door again. You automatically dipped into the seat, making yourself comfortable and bringing your legs up to sit cross-cross as you enjoyed the heated leather.

Cate made it around to her side, sliding into the drivers seat and placing your mugs in the cup holders. Your eyes combed her body as she prepared to back out. You reached your hand over to rest it on her upper thigh, drawing her eyes from the mirror momentarily.

"Everything okay?" She asked softly, putting the car into drive.

You nodded your head contently and squeezed her leg. "I would say perfect but I am a bit tired," you teased, faking a yawn, which ended up turning into a real one.