A Comforting Smile

KEL's P.O.V:

Sunny had woken up. I was so worried...

He was sweating, a lot. And his body temperature was hot. 

He looked like he was about to die with his eyes swelled up from crying. 

"Sunshine...? How are you feeling..?"

"Do you pity me?" 

I was shocked. He just said that randomly, out of the blue. 

"Do you pity me." He said it louder.

"What? Sunshine what are you saying?"

"You pity me, that's why you're dating me." He quietly fumbled.

I grabbed his face and looked at him in the darkish bathroom. "Sunny. I'm not dating you because I pity you, what are you saying? I love you very much, I was even confused on my own feelings because you were just too cute and a ray of sunshine, you're like a million times worth than Orange Joe." 

He sadly looked away.

"Is this about the truth?" I continued holding his face in my hands. "Sunny, we all love you and Basil. We forgive you. We didn't forgive you because we pity you? We all had hard times with Mari's death. And I know Mari was proud of you and forgave you as well, you were brave enough to tell us everything." 

He started crying even more. 

I hugged him, "Whoever told you that, I'm going to throw a basketball at them."

He hugged back hesitantly and we sat in silence for a while, slowly falling asleep.