Small Drafts

Kel's lips parted and her eyes were filled with tears of joy."You're so beautiful." His voice was gentle and less energetic. The words were a breath away from breaking through Kel's closed lips. "You are." (Sunny becomes confident for a real flirt!!) Sunny whispered, completely flustered over Kel's dorkiness, his lips now parted in a small smile. A kiss that left him breathless. It wasn't a normal kiss. This one was different, so different. He pulled back and looked at Sunny in his black eyes and smiled.

(Draft 1, Valentines Day Kiss.)

Kel hugged Sunny's back from behind. He smiled brightly as Sunny looked up in surprise with a small pink shade coming onto his cheeks. I love you my sunshine!" He patted Sunny's cheek and looked up. "It's a great day for a Valentine's hangout!" Kel pumped his fist in the air and realized he'd meant a date. "I MEAN DATE!" He smiled sheepishly at Sunny, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

In response, Sunny chuckled at Kel's silly little mistake. Aside from "Dude", "Bro", and "Hangout", Kel's vocabulary included "Sunshine." Sunny didn't seem to be bothered by Kel's words because his own favorite word was Kel's name. He smiled as Kel frantically apologized, feeling guilty and wanting to make it up. Sunny shook his head looking at Kel. "It's okay Kel. Really." He leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Let's have a good...hangout, then?" Kel looked shocked and frantically nodded, holding Sunny tight in his embrace. "Yes, of course, Sunshine! I love you so much." Sunny looked aside, mumbling. "Me too Kel..."

(Draft 2, Kel's Vocabulary)

Sunny tip-toed, trying to be as tall as Kel. It was slightly embarrassing for him to be teased by the one and only Kel! For his height. Sunny sighed, looking in the mirror. The mirror always appeared eerie or distant whenever Sunny gazed at it. For now, there was no sign of Hellmari, Something, or Omori. The gang and Kel had saved him and Basil, so there was that.

Sunny pouted his lips, practicing a kiss while tip-toeing. Sunny had no idea what he was doing but he was too caught up in a fantasy, reaching out to Kel. His face turned red when he realized what was going on. His headspace has been cluttered with...Just... Kel..

Every night whenever he lay down to sleep, there were no hallucinations like usual. He was more at ease. His eyes gently closed as he slowly moved into headspace, starting with white space. As he was OMORI, the feelings of guilt slowly washed out whenever he saw Mari. Mari seemed more proud of him for his feelings, and realized that he needed to forgive himself.

Most of the scenarios in Headspace consist of simple dates and adventures mostly with Kel. He was very thankful for Kel and his friends...it made him realize there's more to life than just shutting in.

(Draft 3, Sunny's Thoughts)