Nightmares and Comfort (Future AU)

"NO..!" Sunny woke up breathing and panting heavily with cold sweat. He had grabbed the bedsheet close to him clenching it hard. 

He had a nightmare, and it wasn't the ones he usually had...it was much worse. He started tearing up slowly as he turned his head to find if Kel was alright.

Kel was snoring, hugging a giant Orange Joe bottle plush next to him...with a stupid sleepy smile. He hadn't heard Sunny's screams since his face was almost in the plush. Sunny felt relieved that he didn't disturb Kel from his sudden nightmare, and as well him being in good condition. This nightmare was terrifying.....seeing Kel like that...losing him like that...like he did for Mari. He sniffled softly wiping his tears. 

Kel opened his eyes wide, for he heard the soft crying. He turned around and saw Sunny covering his face near his knees and looking terrified. "Sunshine?" He said softly. He inched closer to him, "What's wrong?" He softly said putting his plush down. Sunny sat in silence saying nothing. "You know...whenever you're comfortable, you can always tell me anything..you know that right?" He gently moved some pieces of hair out of Sunny's face. "...Was it the nightmares again?" He asked worried.

Sunny nodded silently. "Yeah." He slowly lifted his head, "It was nightmares..again." He felt guilty that Kel had to go through this, he was a shut in after all...

Kel gently ruffled Sunny's hair. "I'm sorry. Do you want to tell me about it?" He held Sunny close kissing his forehead. Sunny hugged him tightly. "It was about you." His voice shook. "And...I don't want to explain anymore details.." He then looked up at Kel with a stoic face...and swollen red eyes. "I don't want to lose you." He sad quietly. Kel looked down with a frown, "Sunny...you'll never lose me. I promise." He caressed Sunny's cheeks. "You know...you make my days...pretty Sunny..!" He gave a small chuckle at his own pun. Sunny softly smiled, but looked down. "I'm sorry for stressing you out." Sunny felt like Basil a bit, who was a bit apologetic, but he understood his situation..since they've been through the same things together. 

Kel stared at Sunny, "What do you mean stress out? You've never stressed me out." He hugged Sunny tightly. "I love your small smiles that you give. I really like your voice, your personality, your looks...basically everything!" He gave a huge grin, "Years ago...when we were 16? And you finally came out...I was so happy. Happy to see YOU again. We've been through a lot....together...all of us..as friends...but look at us now! We're married! We can face anything together." He looked at Sunny. Sunny started crying, and he put his face close to Kel's chest. "You're right..." He croaked. "Thanks.." He said softly. Kel smiled, "Anytime." He kissed Sunny's cheek. "You wanna cuddle with me? In case you have another nightmare..?" Kel clearly just wanted to hold Sunny longer at this point. 

Sunny giggled at Kel's question. "Sure." He laid down and hugged Kel tightly, as Kel did the same smiling happily. "You know Kel..." Sunny started. Kel looked at him, "Yes Sunny?" 

"I'm always here for you too.." He said quietly. "You can talk to me about anything." He looked at Kel and then kissed his forehead. Kel stroked Sunny's hair with his fingers, "Thanks Sunny..I love you."

"I love you too Kel."