What Had Happened?

Sunny hadn't gotten a response from Kel for the past few days, after all that happened at Basil's house. 

He had been worried and tried reaching Kel, he didn't know what had happened that made Kel avoid him. His best friend, now lover had been ignoring him. Everything was his fault, he must have done something wrong again. He breathed heavily as he looked at the walls of his room with worry and teared up. Mari was gone, will Kel be gone too..? He made others leave. 

He tried calming his breath, and decided to call Basil. Basil was pretty confused what had happened too and after all that happened he tried reaching Kel as well, and tried his best comforting Sunny. 

Sunny picked up the phone, and dialed the number to Basil's house. Polly had picked up.

"Sunny! Is this you?" Polly had said from the phone with a happy tone. Sunny gave a small sound, "Mm." He nodded over the phone as if Polly could see.

"Oh! That's great! I'll call over Basil, alright Sunny?" Polly smiled over the phone, which made Sunny's tension go away a little bit. 

The phone went silent for a while. Sunny looked over the window as he was waiting, and remembered Mari's kitten Mew. She was fluffy and adorable and Sunny enjoyed cuddling with her as Mari did a group hug with all three of them. He looked down at the thought since it reminded him of Kel's warm hugs. 

"Sunny?" A voice said over the phone. Sunny jolted a bit, "Yes." He said silently.

"H-Hi! How are you feeling??" Basil asked considerately. He was worried for his best friend!

"I'm, doing...ok." Sunny hesitated for a bit. "Just...not getting anything...from Kel." He moped. 

"D-Don't worry! Have some hope! Everything will be alright! Let's ask Aubrey and Hero about the sitaution or if they're busy let's....do our best and confront Kel!" Basil shivered over the phone, he had a lack of confronting people. 

Sunny answered, "What if Hero is mad at us?" Sunny thought for a moment, "I mean...he might have token notice, on Kel's behavior."

The phone was silent. "W-W-We still need to try!" Basil had hope, and he was not going to let that go away. Sunny and Kel were his best friends and he needed to help them with their happiness! 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Sunny looked at the direction where the noise came from. "Oh..Someone rang the doorbell. I'll...be back Basil. Thanks." 

"O-Of course!" They both hung up the phone.

Sunny went down the stairs, a it hesitant about who it could be. He hoped it would be Kel, maybe......He wanted to find out what had happened he didn't want to lose Kel. 

Sunny slowly creaked open the door, hoping to see a peppy smile with a bright orange aura.

It was Hero, and he stood there awkwardly smiling. Sunny's heart sank a little bit, but he was glad to see Hero. 

"Hey buddy..!" Hero gave an awkward wave. "May I come in if that's alright? I just wanna talk about something..!" Hero looked at Sunny.

"....S-Sure?" Sunny opened the door all the way and let him in. It was kind of weird on how Hero was here. Was he mad? Well it didn't seem like it because he was being awkward and all smiley (Classic Hero). Sunny looked at him with a it of fear, and nervousness.

"So, I just wanted to talk about Kel...I noticed there has been something going on, and it's been pretty confusing." Hero sat down at the couch and looked at Sunny. "I wanted to know what exactly happened. I want to help you guys because Kel has been really down lately."

Sunny looked at Hero. "Oh.." He then sat down as well hesitantly. "Y-Yeah...Alot has happened, H-He's been avoiding me.."

Hero looked at Sunny serious, "Yeah, Kelsey had noticed you and Basil getting very close to each other." Hero then put his arms together conjoined. "I wanted to know what you two were doing."

Sunny was tensed up. He did seem very mad at Sunny, and it was stressful. He too a deep breath. "Me, and Basil were having a hang out. He was showing me...plants....and-"

Hero paused him, "I don't need that, apologies. I need what happened during the time Kel walked in on you.."

Sunny looked, "We were making flower crafts. I was making a flower craft for Kel, and Basil was making one too. Suddenly, there was something in my hair and Basil helped and got it out for me. He then complimented me, that's all that happened."

Hero nodded, "So, if I ask Polly and Basil this, it'll be the same story, right?" Sunny nodded. "Alright, that's all I needed to know. Thanks so much bud. We'll try to sort this out, because you and Kel need each other." Hero patted Sunny's head. "I'll take my leave now, have a good day!" Hero then left closing the door.

Sunny never had felt s relieved in his entire life. He slumped on the couch and looked at the ceiling happy. This was easier, than last time. (When he said the truth to his friends). He was looking forward to talk to Kel again.