Conversation

(SN POV)

We got home early in the morning. I texted Jungkook the night before but I don't think he ever saw it. He must've already been asleep.

I dropped my stuff off at the dorm with the girls and then headed over to Jungkook's place to surprise him.

I quietly crept into the apartment and around the corner to his room. The door was cracked open so I peered inside.

He wasn't in his bed.

He wasn't there, but there was a spot on the bed where it looked like he had been laying. The blankets were also tossed around so I was confused.

Jungkook usually fixes his bed every morning. He couldn't have left already. I looked over at the bathroom,but it didn't look like anyone was in there.

Where is he?

I glanced around the room and his phone and wallet were still here. He has to be here somewhere.

I was about to exit the room when I took a quick look out the glass balcony door.

He was there.

He was laying on the floor on the balcony, wrapped in a sleeping bag and some blankets, facing away from me.

Was he drunk last night or did he do this on purpose?

I waited in his room, sitting on his bed and keeping an eye on him until he woke up on his own. I didn't want to wake him up myself because I know how hard it is for him to get good sleep.

When he woke up, the sun was out. He sat up and stretched his arms, looking through the balcony railing over the landscape for a bit.

He finally turns around and spots me sitting inside, his eyes still looked sleepy.

I couldn't hear him through the door, but he made a face like :o

He stumbles on himself to get up and get inside.

"Jagiya, y-you're home early." He says, walking up to me to give me a hug. His voice sounded raspy.

"Yeah, I was gonna surprise you when you woke up," I explain, "but what the heck were you doing sleeping outside?"

He laughs nervously, "Uh...yeah. I just thought a change of scenery would help me sleep better."

"Did it?"

"I think so. It's not as uncomfortable as it seems."

Whatever works for him I guess.

He worries me sometimes, but Jungkook is just Jungkook. He's different.

We made coffee and had a chat before he had to leave for work.

"How was traveling? Everything went well?" He asks me.

I nod, "It went by a lot faster than I thought it would. I still missed you though."

He smiles, "I missed you too."

"I thought you were gonna spend the night with your members while I was gone?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah." He chuckles, "I tried sleeping alone for a night and it wasn't so bad so I just stayed here."

"That's good. I had some trouble sleeping without you though."

This makes him smile again. I missed that smile of his.

"Well, you won't have to worry about that for a while." He says, hugging me.

I was happy to be home, but something didn't feel completely right.

Like, Jungkook said he slept fine while I was gone.

So why did I find him sleeping outside this morning?

Maybe I'm just worrying too much. He seemed fine when I got back.

When we went to bed that night, he fell asleep quickly. I had been talking to him the whole time, I didn't realize he fell asleep until he stopped responding.

"I just think that we should have more consistent schedules. I mean, it's kind of hard to do that when we always have to work around the different activities, but we should at least have a set time to be home from work every night. You know what I mean?" I kept talking, staring up at the ceiling.

He didn't say a word.

"Jungkook? Are you awake?" I whispered.

Still, nothing. I'll take that as a no.

He fell asleep facing me. I turned my body to face him and watch him in the dark.

His chest slowly rose and fell every few seconds, his mouth partly open.

Eventually, I try to fall asleep as well. I drifted off, but in the middle of the night I felt something grab my arm.

It kind of startled me, until I realized it was just Jungkook.

He was muttering something in his sleep. He must be dreaming.

It didn't seem like a nightmare though. He didn't seem scared and his breath stayed steady. He pulls my arm a bit, scooting closer to me.

I chuckle to myself. He's so cute when he sleeps.

He nuzzles his head in between my shoulder and my head, still holding my arm, his fluffy hair tickling my ear. He was close enough for me to kiss his forehead before I went back to sleep.

This was nice. This is something like what I picture of when I imagine my ideal relationship. He loves me, even in his sleep.

I couldn't help but wonder what he was dreaming about. I always do, but he says he doesn't really remember his dreams. I'm hoping the one from last night was a good one though.

It scares me when he has a nightmare and his body starts shaking and he starts stuttering. I wish there was more I could do for him.

He doesn't deserve those images in his head and that pain in his chest. It has been months since the accident, but his dreams are a constant reminder to both of us of what we went through.

Love can bring you the most beautiful dreams and the most horrible nightmares.

We're all scared of something.

We're just scared of losing each other.