15

After their fling at the coffee shop, Daveed walked with Emmy back to her dorm building. He walked with her all the way to her door, something Emmy was hesitant about because she didn't want to answer any questions.

Once they reached the door, Daveed paused just outside of the door frame. Emmy pulled out her key and unlocked it.

"So this is it," she said as she stepped a quarter of the way through the door.

"This is it," he said, taking a peek over her head and into the room, "This room looks dope, Em."

"Thank you," she blushed.

Daveed smiled softly, looking directly into her eyes. She matched his smile and then grinned at him, flashing all her teeth. It was like they were communicating through an unspoken language that even they weren't fluent in. It was a new space they were navigating, they were older and crossing lines they'd never imagine they'd cross. They did know one thing though, they were back. What back meant might be a little blurrier, but the foundation, that friendship that had been shattered for so long, it was all coming back to them.

Daveed leaned down and kissed her softly. Emmy leaned in for a second before quickly pulling away, "You should probably go. Jas will be here soon."

"You're right," he nodded, "But just... one more." He moved his hand up to the back of her head and pulled her in for a deep kiss. He let his lips imprint every inch of hers and ensured that she was left breathless after he left.

With a quick Bye Emmy, he headed out, leaving her standing in the doorway wishing she hadn't let him go.

She entered her room, already missing him, and began to get dressed for rehearsal block. She was pulling on her clothes and was about to sit and wait for her friend when she remembered that Jas had a class right before rehearsal today. Emmy would just see her during class.

The tote bag she had started carrying everywhere was grabbed off the edge of her desk chair, and she left and locked up their room.

She walked a little down the hallway and stopped at Mary's room. Unsure if she was in or not, Emmy knocked on the door.

"One second," Mary called from inside.

Literal seconds later, Mary opened the door. Emmy could tell she was just about ready by the way she was smoothing out her clothes.

"Wanna walk to rehearsal together?" Emmy asked with a smile.

"Of course," Mary nodded as she started fixing up her hair, "Where's Jazzy?"

"I think she's at another class?" Emmy shrugged, "I literally just got back.

"Back? From where?" Mary asked confusedly until it clicked, "Ohhh coffee with Daveed?" she asked and then tilted her head, "Damn, y'all was there for a long time."

Emmy simply smiled and nodded her head.

"So... how was it? Are y'all friends again?" she asked, starting towards the doorway.

"Yeah, I think so," Emmy grinned and turned towards the door aswell.

"Aw yay," Mary cheered and pulled Emmy into a light side hug. She locked up her own door and didn't inquire much more about Daveed and Emmy.

The two girls headed down the now familiar route towards the auditorium. As they walked, they shared small talk until something popped into Mary's head.

"Are you sure Jas had a class today?" she asked.

"Yeah, pretty sure," Emmy twisted the gears of her head, "What I don't think is that it was back to back with rehearsal block.