28

Emmy walked back and forth as Daveed talked on the phone in front of her, trying to listen in to see if she could catch any snippets. He had been talking for a while, and from what she could gather it was going well? She didn't know, and that was why she was anxiously pacing around his dorm.

They had dived into this as soon as they could, calling the real estate agent only 2 days after seeing the place and putting in the offer the very next day. It had been a week, and the agent was now getting back to them. This was the call Daveed was currently on. He was either receiving good or bad news, and all Emmy was wishing was that it would come faster.

She looked up once more, and finally, she saw him click the button to hang up the phone. She watched his mannerisms, watching as he sat back in the chair, pushing it slightly backward and taking a deep breath.

Daveed stood up and turned towards her. A silly grin made its way to his face and slowly became wider and wider. "We got it," he smiled fully, his cheeks wide and joy settling in on him.

Emmy let her mouth dropped in surprise as he moved closer and closer towards her continuing to speak "We got it" until she felt herself being raised from the ground. She gasped as he lifted her quickly. His arms went around her and her legs wrapped the sides of his waist.

Their eyes met at last and she smiled, "We got it?" she clarified once more as she sat in his arms.

Rather than speaking, he crashed his lips to hers, the smile still persevering as he kissed her. Moments later, he pulled away and spun the both of them in a celebratory circle. He set her down on her feet but kept his hands close to her.

"I can't believe this," Emmy spoke, still amazed at how they scored such a perfect place. The minute she stepped into it on the tour, she knew it was the one, and it felt so surreal to know that they actually had it now.

"It's ours. All ours." Daveed shrugged happily. His one arm wrapped back around her upper back while the other hand went down to her stomach. He held his little family close, relishing this new beginning for them.

The center of  Daveed's dorm was replaced with their new living space as they worked to make their home their own, a short two weeks after they found that their offer was accepted. Daveed sat on the couch that had came with the partially furnished place. He was attempting to sort out some school work and organize the half of the living room they'd be using as an office.

Emmy joined him from across the way in the kitchen that opened out to the living space. While he was setting up the living room, she had been in there, putting up all the silverware and dishes they had. They hadn't been here long, but little by little, it was becoming a reflection of them.

Their friends had been by earlier, coming with Daveed after they'd finished rehearsal. The little place had received good reviews all around, and Rafa had already tried to plan his next party. "This counter would be perfect for a bar. And we can move the couch for a dance floor. And this'll fit so many more people than a dorm. And-" To Daveed and Emmy's luck, Mary took care of shutting his grand idea down, emphasizing that it probably wasn't a good idea to trash the place before they'd even been it it a month.

She made her way to the couch area, her hand cradling the baby that was beginning to make her stomach distend. Her eyes watched Daveed as he continued fiddling his papers. "Hey babe, umm..." she looked down at her belly, "I think I'm pregnant."

His eyes widened as he faked a shocked reaction. "You're kidding," he stood and walked towards her, "There's no way," he inched closer.

"No, I'm pretty sure I am," she continued to joke as rubbed a circle atop her shirt.